A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dubmagazine.com Webagent007's Latest

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar

Webagent007's Latest - www.dubmagazine.com

check it out, the latest loveliness from WA007

www.dubmagazine.com

It certainly looks and moves nice. Honest though, I didn't really enjoy navigating the thing. I didn't really understand the point of the circular draggin menu buttons, buts thats not what really bothered me.

Main problems I had was most of the actual content opened up in new windows. For a site that didn't really have much deep content it felt really cluttered. I couldn't find where a back button was, so in the end I would have to go back to click through the main menu.

In the end I'm doubt this would deter the target audience or anything drastic like that, but my overall impression for ease of use wasn't that great.

SPAMMER
    i like it alot, some great motion, design and attention to small details. wa007 has the magic touch.

Don't know what to say, there's lots of detail in there. The effort must have been enormous.

But again, not my cup of tea. The whole looks cluthered and doesn't say 'magazine' to me.
    Last edited by sense; 11-07-2004 at 04:38 AM.

looks very nice but too much attention to detail instead of content. How many % of the screen is used to display actual content? 10? 15?
    Very nice design but a bit too much for a magazine.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Very cool looking, and I really like a lot of the movement.

But I have to agree with many of y'all that it's pretty cluttered. However, it's probably what the client wanted!
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

wow, amazing stuff.

Feed me , **** me and shut the
    best work from wa007 i have seen. I like this one the most. moves nicely, and greate music. hehe. the ae animation in the top moves a bit to fast for me.

Hey Nevil...

I am guessing that you had a part in the back-end on this one as well?

On a side note, great design, high amount of detail which is nothing short of incredible. Very fluid and smooth and nice transition movements. Fits the client brand perfectly.

Although I would like to see the main content area just a tad larger, everything is else is superb and for those who don't understand the navigation it is a reference to an actual wheel a.k.a "DUB" and is perfect for the identity. Would also been neat to see the wheel nav spin to reveal the sub nav within somehow.

Other than that, A+

for a lifestyle magazine that is concerned with everything image related, this site is perfect...when you're trying to showcase a car with some rims that have a 2 foot diameter, i can see why they'd skimp on the content area.

as always, a great site from WA007...they get some great clients. i know i wouldn't mind staring at an aston martin in photoshop getting it just right...
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

Will James have my babies? Please? Oh wait...we're both guys...ahem nvm

Awesome site. Nothing less than perfect.

I don't like it very much at all. It seems too cluttered and busy. The 'overly-busy' feel kind of reminds me of 2A Prophecy which I really don't like either. It definately shows a lot of talent, but probably talent that could be put to better use. Designers may like these sites, but normal end users do not, they think them cluttered and confusing, and this is how i try to view sites.

I give a 5 out of 10
    FASCISM DOESN'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ADOLF HITLER.

SPAMMER
    Originally posted by 7year
    but normal end users do not, they think them cluttered and confusing
    Not sure I agree there, i showed this site to a few mates that are into this car blinging stuff and they loved it, sat and spent hours on it. I think 'normal' users are more used to this cluttered look than designers who spend half the day looking at miniscual flash sites. The majority of html sites are cluttered and large (dimension wise) and this is what joe public is used to.

Great site. 9/10 from me.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar

Re: Hey Nevil...

Originally posted by ignission
    I am guessing that you had a part in the back-end on this one as well?

On a side note, great design, high amount of detail which is nothing short of incredible. Very fluid and smooth and nice transition movements. Fits the client brand perfectly.

Although I would like to see the main content area just a tad larger, everything is else is superb and for those who don't understand the navigation it is a reference to an actual wheel a.k.a "DUB" and is perfect for the identity. Would also been neat to see the wheel nav spin to reveal the sub nav within somehow.

Other than that, A+
    no didn't do backend for this one

Originally posted by jaybirch
    The majority of html sites are cluttered and large (dimension wise) and this is what joe public is used to.
    I'd definitely agree with that. I don't really mind clutter, as long as it has enough content really necessitate that clutter. A site like IGN is pretty damn cluttered, but they have so much content to back it up with.

I found this site really didn't have tons of content. Most links were opening in new windows, so you can't really count that, and the rest was pretty basic stuff, information about events, and info about the magazine. Only extended content like that was in the about section. Maybe I'm missing an entire section or something (which would be a problem in itself) but like someone said before, only about 25% of the site real estate was used for actual content showing. It was all crammed into the little window.

The site looks awesome, and I really doubt people will just close the window because of clutter. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved.

Found this.

Found this in ITA.

http://www.dubmagazine.com/

dub magazine

Check this out, I thought it was pretty cool.

www.dubmagazine.com/

this may be vague, but I remember seeing a site that is somewhat similar to this one, and had a car on the center of the page, and had realy good animated buttons. Anyone know which site im talking about? anyone know the uRL for it? perhaps im being too vague... :-(