A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS Battle - denveriv vs ltheiler1

Talking PS Battle

Since the Kung Fu battle seems dead I geuss I will start a new one... I created an image just for it and would like to keep it going, rdy to start on my next entry once someone else submits!!! Keep it clean, and friendly No rewards just for fun, and to show off your skill.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Denver IV

Swift is the Ultimate Digital Drug

nobody want to play?
    Denver IV

Where did I put that pen?
    I'm willing to giver' a shot...

I'll have a reply by mid-evening tonight...actually have two comps whiped up already, but can't decide which to finish off.

L

gladly waiting, rdy to start my next.
    Denver IV

Here's the volley I'm going with....

http://www.lincolntheiler.com/images/found/found1a.jpg

if that doesn't work:

nice hit working on return fire
    Denver IV

just spent like 3 hours on this... hope its good :\
    Denver IV

cool stuff guys...it's getting dark in here!

are there any rules? are you using elements from the previous volleys? size? orientation? it seems like a free-for-all so far...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Thanks for the encuoragement Nord, not sure if it was apparent in my previous volley, but if you look closely at the orange background, the first woman is faded in, it's subtle. : )

We really didn't set up any specific guidelines, I'm just returing 45kb collages with some inclusions from the previous volley.

denveriv, if there are any guidelines you'd like to throw in, let me know.

By the way, you seem to have a good number of black and white pictures. I've got a number of similar pictures I took of a girlfreind I had when I was about 21. Hope you find my returns insightful.

Here's volley #2:

nice!! I like will work on return... will have return by tonight.
    Have alot of black and white images... no not really I just edit them to my needs I tend to use alot of dark colors will try to brighten it up on my next one
    Denver IV

guidelines... hmmmm we sill try to stick with a general theme, if you want you can switch the theme up as long as there has been a return back and forth. Ohhh and anyone is welcome to join in
    Denver IV

No worries...don't think you have to lighten anything, work the way you feel is appropriate...that way we can learn from eachother. : )

What kind of designs do you enjoy? Any styles you like to work in or any kind of goal you'd like to accomplish in terms of your work?

I have always enjoyed the darker type of designs which question life, or show strong emotion... I used to just paint and sketch, these two PS images are the first two actual pieces of art I have done in PhotoShop. I really don't have any goals except to express myself U?
    Denver IV

Completely understandable. Used to listen to Helmet and Ministry back when they were the some of the "darkest" music available. Funny to think how times have changed.

Gave up the dark side of things when I started to consider a career...didn't seem condusive to where I wanted to be in life.

What kind of painting do you do? I'm a big oils fan. Like the way the colors turn out as opposed to acrylics, and I don't have enough patience or steady nerves to use water color.

I prefer oils as well oils u can easily correct mistakes, and can add more detail, and just get as dark as u want, I feel acrylics somewhat limit you to what you really want to do, not saying u can't do amazing things with em, I have seen really good stuff done in acrylics... just not my thing. Kinda weird that I like doing Dark things, I am actually a cheerful person all the time, don't really wear dark cloths... geuss its just a way for me to explore the part of me that doesn't get out. Let loose emotions that stay inside u know?
    Denver IV

just an fyi - i meant 'dark' as in scary/erie/creepy, not 'dark' as in black/hard to see/devoid of light.

cool battle - keep it up!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Nord, I got your dark refrence, no worries! : ) Really funny thing is, when I got home last night and looked at my last volley, all I could think was that it was too short on values, maybe a bit foggy.

denveriv, what kind of subjects do you like to paint?

I love the idea of being able to express inner feelings through art, I really wish I still had some of the first pieces I did...it would be a great window to look through at myself. I've still got a bunch of design journals I've kept, lot's of sketches and numerous quotes from the time.

L

I really don't go off subjects... just what inspires me, and what ever I feel
    Denver IV

Sure thing. I've got to find inspiration. More often than not, if I just sit around and wait to be struck by an idea, it typically doesn't happen. I need to jumpstart my brain on a regular basis. Reading through quotes of writers, looking at tons of stock photography, reading magazines like How at the local bookstore over lunch while sketching things in them I see in a design journal...

If you can find inspiration in daily life, you're luckier than most people.

How's the next volley comin? Just finished up a redesign project for my website and now have an abbundance of time on my hands...looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table next. Been good so far, can't imagine that will change.

L

sorry I been slow... been somewhat busy with work (had jusy 467 soilders come on today that I had to take care of, and countless others on other days) hen girls ... I will have a volley up soon I promise.
    Denver IV