Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Almost Done] <<Incoming>>

doItLikeThis

[Almost Done] <<Incoming>>

Hey, check out my new game, and add your wealthy opinions, please:-
    http://www.geocities.com/ctoffakes/incoming.html
    -Aditya

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    Seems like it's headed in the right direction.

It would be a lot better if it had fancier graphics. I think the rate of the missles increasing is too quick, I think it should build up slower so you can get into it at first. Also when a lot of missles spawn, they are overlapping each other. You need to find a way to space them out. Also, I think the missles should be spread out more, they all appear within the space of one screen so you don't really have to scroll.

I had the idea of making the gun have to reload after every few shots. And instead of being able to hold down fire, you should have to hit it rapidly. Make a machine gun power-up that grants you rapid fire. Adding this to the gameplay would make a more solid game, I believe.

You know what would be a great idea if you actuall see the missile launch from behind the mountains with a smoke trail. Instead of just having them appear. Their is a few other ideas i have but to hard to explain. Nice work so far. Hope you finish it off.
    "I layed down in my bed last night looked up at the stars, and thought to myself... Where the F*#K is my roof"

doItLikeThis
    Thanks for the reply Son of Bryce & Doush. I have followed your suggestions....well in different ways and have come up with an update, the graphics are still temporary.:-

-Aditya

the thud of the body rabbitkiller's Avatar
    Ha! It's ugly as hell , sorry...
    I believe graphic should be redone completely...
    Cheers!
    world[i] = new world();

It has lots of potential, Like RabbittKiller just mentioned, a make-over would do wonders. The menus/instructions etc... are way too busy. Tidy it all up a bit. Also, add tracer fire when you shoot. Maybe change the fire button to space bar, not everyone will bother reading the directions (I did not at first and couldn't shoot), the control/apple key seemed a bit out of the norm, I myself prefer space for shooting a main weapon,other keys for supplemental weaponry. Just trying to offer constructive criticism.

One thing I really enjoyed was the finger/indicater where to scroll. Keep plugging away at it, each game you get better.

doItLikeThis
    Ya, that was stage one, make the game system. Now on to stage 2, the graphics. Iam currently finding a guy to do the graphics and share the credits, but till now, no such luck. There is too much stuff that needs to be changed, i.e, two frames of the missles, gun fire animation, background, menu/instructions/intro, I guess i better keep on searching.

Kendude:- Hey, Iam sorry about the ugly look and the lack of eye candy interface, but I have placed a button in the right-bottom corner in the instructions menu, called "Change Keys". Press it to change the keys.
    Last edited by adit_ya_sharma; 11-17-2004 at 01:09 AM.
    -Aditya

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    There is too much stuff that needs to be changed
    Don't worry man, just take you time and tackle one thing at a time.

This is turning out a lot better. I like the little hand indicator, it's starting to get fun.

I think the game really needs power-ups. Sometimes you can't help getting hit so it might be better to have a power-up every once in a while. Maybe supply crates will randomly fall from the sky. You don't even have to have health packs, some sort of temporary invinibility would suffice. Maybe a homing missle power up?

Keep up the work man, you've got a good groundwork setup.

yeah pretty cool, i'd like it if there wasn't so many soo quickly......or maybe i just suck!!

doItLikeThis
    Dr Warm:- Yeah, that might be the level that increase as you proceed in the game.

Son of Bryce: Iam working on powerups' currenty. Actually, I have already made a medkit that flies from left to right in a set interval of time, but that kinda looks bogus. I think invincibility is a good idea, and instead of the homing missiles, I'd try to do a "Power Bomb" power up, which will destroy all the missiles on the screen. Thanks again for the reply and idea
    -Aditya

Nice game so far .
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

doItLikeThis
    Originally posted by LeechmasterB
    Nice game so far .
    Hey, thanks man!
    -Aditya

Its a good game, but like other have said the graphics need a little work (I know you know this but I had to say something ).
    The one major suggestion I would have is to make the game compeletely 3d(in the sense that you can keep going left forever(like a turret rotating...)
    Other then that good job so far...

doItLikeThis
    Ok, I'll think about the "3d" rotation, thanks dude. Btw, i have re-updated the game, it now contains a "Power bomb" that you have to hit to make it explode, which destroys all the missiles on the screen.
    And also the "Pause" function....which I don't find much useful. Good news is, I have got a guy working on the graphics and he's already done 40% of the art.

Last edited by adit_ya_sharma; 11-19-2004 at 01:27 AM.
    -Aditya

Originally posted by adit_ya_sharma
    Good news is, I have got a guy working on the graphics and he's already done 40% of the art.
    Yay, can't wait to play the finished game .

J-Force

doItLikeThis
    LeechmasterB: Yeah dude, me neither, but I just hope Iam able to get all things in right.
    -Aditya

Using the arrom keys can make it hard to aim. Give me a good mouse any day - I'd be able to shoot them all down in five seconds flat. Left and right could turn around, and space bar could reload.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

could you invert the pitch? I always like that

doItLikeThis
    ihoss.com: Ya sure, I'll insert the invert pitch option(just to make sure, that means when you press down, the aim goes up and vice-versa...right..?), thanx for the suggestion.

VENGEANCE MX: So, you're saying that the _y of of the aim should be controled by _ymouse, ok, I'll put it in as an option.....or may be keep it as a permanent feature if I find it helpful.

Also, in the "secret_finale.fla", I have made a key component showing which keys you have selected, so, what I wanted to know is what should be the default keys in the current key selection?
    -Aditya

You could also add for button kind of squares on each screenboarder. And then shooting with the mouse (you can make the gun aim slower than the actuall mouse movement). So one could play with mouse only or keyboard or mixed. 4 directions 4 buttons 4 keys 4 vars to set which key (mouse action) is bound where.

J-Force