A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I make a tutorial?

How do I make a tutorial?

I have downloaded the demo version of Koolmoves 4.5.4 and checked out the tutorials and they are EXACTLY what I want to create for my website. Can anyone tell me how to go about capturing the curser and making it move like in the tutorials and how to make those nifty word balloons?
    http://********afile.com/cgi-bin/merl...als/tasks1.zip (sorry. posted the wrong one first time out.)

Perhaps there is a tutorial tutorial? I am very excited about buying this product and getting started but I can't find anything that leads me to understand how to go about getting started.

I am not a compete computer moron but I am also not a highly skilled techie so the learning curve for me requires large amounts of ibuprofen at least and, with Macromedia Flash, I actually had to switch to Jack Daniels before giving up. Just tooooo darn hard.

Thanks
    Last edited by littlepond; 11-09-2004 at 10:31 AM.

Super Moderator
    I used RoboDemo because it is optimized for the task, a task which all software developers hate.

I found something about it after posting the comment. Only problem it is $500 or more. Compared to some of outrageous things one can do with flash, you would think building a tutorial which is most simple in appearance, would be easy.

I was hoping to find a way to do it with Koolmoves but, if not, how easy was RoboDemo to learn/use and can you add text over movements?

Still hoping though that someone will post a reply telling me it is a no brainer to do on Koolmoves.

If you don't need it to be streaming video like you can use WINK it's pretty good and Free.

check it out at http://Debugmode.com

i just want to have the curser that moves and the text balloons that pop up and explain what is happening and how to do it..

just like the koolmoves tutorial. i need a way to let people go to a url and have the process explained to them .. so they can use it.. easily.. they are not computer literate people for the most part and that is the best way to do it, i think.

Wink will do exactly that!! And for FREE

I've used it a few times for that very thing.

As usuall this is my 2 cents, but what is so hard about doing this proposed tutorial with koolmoves? The people who respond to this forum seem to know what they are talking about. I would not waste my time talking here if it was not true. Why not make a tutorial about learning xxx.program using "koolmoves"? I am unsure of how to capture the curser frame by frame. Mabye I am wrong. Make a cartoon of the curser floating around with three frames using koolmoves. Very easy to do with Koolmoves.

I think littlepond thought that koolmoves was created to make the koolmoves demo.

I could be wrong.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Hmmm..., why would you need the cursor captured frame-by-frame for koolMoves? I thought you could capture a start position and end position, set them as key frames and let KM tween it move start to end over an appropriate time interval. (Maybe need a few more keyframes for a long move.) ??

techuser

Originally posted by techuser
    Hmmm..., why would you need the cursor captured frame-by-frame for koolMoves? I thought you could capture a start position and end position, set them as key frames and let KM tween it move start to end over an appropriate time interval. (Maybe need a few more keyframes for a long move.) ??

techuser
    Your exactly right.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Try this. It was recommended to me and I think it fit the bill. The only thing is it doesn't stream (as far as I can tell).

http://www.syix.com/elmer/Cool%20Stu.../CamStudio.htm