A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Font substitution help - Mac to PC

Font substitution help - Mac to PC

I have been asked to finish off a Flash job that was started on a Mac. When I open the Flash file it displays a font substitution dialogue asking me to choose substitute fonts for fonts not available on my PC

The fonts in question are as follows:

Futura
    Futura BD BT
    Futura Mdlt BT
    Helvetica

Can anyone tell me if there is an EXACT equivalent for these fonts? Basically the flash file has a large number of complex tables of data and these getting totally messed up with an incorrect font substitution.

I could really do with some help on this one asap so please reply to this if you have any ideas how best to proceed. Obviously the ideal solution would be to finish it off on a Mac but this is not an option available to me.

Is there a way to include the font in the Flash file on the Mac so that when I am in Authoring mode on the PC everything looks fine?

Fingers crossed someone out there can help me

Chucky

Maybe leave the fonts alone, or ask someone with a MAC to publish the files for you when you're done with the rest.

Just FYI, those fonts are also available for PC, so you could purchase them if you have the budget. As far as free fonts that look like those, you won't find them.