A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with Animator Man Sample

Problem with Animator Man Sample

I am confused by the 'animator man' sample - could someone please point out where I am going wrong?

When I drill down to look at the elements, I find A background and a button. I deselect the background and open the button. The button then has elements for 4 states, so I open 'normal'. This opens a layer window which does not show the whole picture as I expected but just the lower right quarter. Why is this, and is there a way to bring back the whole picture to edit it?

sorry if I sound ignorant - I am ;-), I'm just very new to all this and the help doesn't seem to explain.

thx in advance

Paul

PS are there any decent tutorials around for using 3D Flash Animator?

well the thing you wish to do is very simple and has two ways of doing so :
    1)after you open the robots layer you just go down the layer window ,
    then you will see "size" just write down the resolution you like and click on resize , then
    select all the contained elements then drag them using the mouse to where ever you wish so you will have the best view... one thing to check BEFORE doing so is to check and write down the previous location of each element so it wont mess the whole movie]

the other way is same but first you will have to copy the layer to anoter movie or bitmap you made
    ok....what ?

thx for replying.

Are you sure you are right (have you tried it?)? I tried this and it just gives me a bigger zoomed view of the same thing - the bottom right hand quarter of the screen.

Maybe this is a bug in the trial version?

Paul

you probebly forgot to DRAG the robot's elements

and yeah ive checked it all , i work with animations all the time.. i know what im saing
    ok....what ?

Sorry - wasn't questioning your knowledge, just whether you had tried exactly the same thing with the same example. I'm still confused about what I'm doing wrong. What do you mean by dragging the elements? I get to the point where I have clicked on the open element button for the stanatron2 layer and this opens a window with the right lower quarter visible. Could you tell me exactly which buttons to press (or things to drag) to get a better view? I tried changing the size but this just changes the window size and zooms the picture accordingly. It doesn't make more of the picture visible.

Paul

ok take a small look at this
    ok....what ?

Cyber reapers got it straight.................

Resize the layer and drag the robot down to where he can be seen, or simply just drag him around on the small layer. He's all there just hidden out of view on the small layer.

-J

Ah- finally I understand. I need to drag the corners of the square to move the image inside the layer.

thx

Paul

i cant belive it ... you couldnt understand it from the flash file i posted ???????

ok....what ?

I loaded the flash file you posted into 3dfa , but all I saw when I ran it was a pointer and two boxes with 500 and 400 in. The cursor moved around and that was it. Looks like I needed to play it in flash player, as much more is visible.

sorry

Paul

ok just one last thing , 3DFA cannot read well (or at all for that matter) SWF files , you sould view then at IE (internet explorer) or another flash viewing program
    ok....what ?