A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: File size and sound

File size and sound

I built a game and now that I added all the sounds the .fla doesn't behave normally.

When I publish no .html document is generated.

The file doesn't seem to work.

When I disable the sound files everything works fine.

When I save as... a copy of the source file it reduces to half the size (2,307 KB versus 3,776 KB). What is the reason the sizes are different? Are these ridiculous file sizes?

I compressed the audio files to the poorest quality but still the file doesn't work right. I recorded the sound by using the Sound Record software that came with my PC. Would different recording software or compression software solve the problem?

What am I doing wrong? How can I improve the file size/sound files? THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT!! - Brigit

Did you click the html tab in the publish settings? What sync is the sounds? Post your fla

All but one of the sounds are event sounds. I selected the .html tab. Here's the smaller version of the .fla. Thanks for looking at this. I really appreciate your help.

Green Eye, have you looked at the .fla? Do you have any ideas?

What fla

Thanks for writing. I thought I posted the .fla. I didn't upload the .fla again because maybe things are less complicated than I thought.

Since writing I tried working on the file again. For some reason now it is working. Maybe because all the sound files aren't in there? The Flash Player Movie is 373 KB. What do you think is a cut-off for an acceptable file size for 56K modem and better users? When you record and also compress audio do you use software other than Flash and Sound Recorder (which was included with my PC)?