A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pencil tool in mx2004

pencil tool in mx2004

Hi,

I've recently installed mx2004 after having used mx for a while.

I like to use Flash to trace my scanned in sketches to create vector images. I tend to use the pencil tool and have 'smoothing' switched on. But I've noticed in mx2004, it doesn't seem to smooth the lines quite as much as mx seemed to.

Does anyone have any suggestions (is it possible to set how much smoothing it does- like with the paintbrush tool)? And has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?!

Any help would be great- I'm tempted to reinstall mx as it's that frustrating!!

I hope this is the right forum for this type of question.....

thanks,

carly

cant you just select the line after and then just hit the smooth button like in normal mx ?

can you?
    not got flash at work so will take another look at it when at home this eve.

in mx i used to just select the pencil tool and choose 'smooth' in the panel below the tools menu (can't remember what the panel is called, but other option is 'straighten' or something like that).

never tried smoothing it actually after creating the lines. is this just in the properties menu?

sorry i am still relatively new to flash- or at least drawing in flash! maybe this should have been in the newbies forum?!

after you've drawn the line select it then in the same area where you could select smooth, straight or freehand when using the line tool there will be too icons one straightens the line the other smooths it - trouble is there is not much control over it so may not be the right answer for you

thanks for your help.

so there's no way of determining how much it smoothes it?

as i said, i'll have another pla around with it this eve, and hopefully i'll sort something out