dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: bit of a hardware problem!

Señor member

bit of a hardware problem!

I'm putting a new computer together at the moment but I've got a problem with some of the hardware I've bought.

I've bought a new 64bit AMD processor and a new motherboard but I cannot find a processor fan that fits on the motherboard.

I bought this motherboard and this processor chip but as you might be able to see from the motherboard photo, it's got a big plastic "holder" around the chip section where a fan should go but no fan I've seen fits over it.

I've been told the 64bit Athlon processors should be shipped with fans included for this fitting but that didn't happen and I've got no idea if that's correct or what to order to get my machine working!

Anyone got any thoughts (or indeed links from the ebuyer.com website for fans that I could buy which will be compatable?!

Much appreciated!
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Firstly, its great that you'v finally seen the light and bought a Geordie chip

Secondly, get yourself an Artic Cooling Silent Copper 2 TC. Its a huge heatsink and a fan, its also freeeking quiet so wont sound like a tornado taking off.

It should connect to your motherboard without problems, but go to the arctic cooling website first and see if its compatible (90% sure it should be though)

And Ebuyer search is down, or else I'd have provided you with some links