A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Resizing multiple frames

Resizing multiple frames

Ok, I'm a total noob with Flash but I have programming and graphics experience. I've created a mock up room in 3D Studio Max which I've exported using Swift 3D to swf file format. Imported this to Flash MX. The only problem is I now need to resize every frame to the desired dimensions (800x600). The reason why I haven't exported it as 800x600 in the first place is because the file size is over 1,500kb at 800x600 where as its only 800kb at 540x420(i think). Is there anyway of resizing multiple frames at once or do I have to go through every frame one by one?!

And as a more general question, does anyone know the basic steps of how something like the Crimson Room was created, because its of similar design to what I'm trying to achieve with my website and I just thought I might be going about things wrong.

Any help greatly apprecited.
    Last edited by Jammy_basturd; 11-14-2004 at 02:26 PM.

Try onion markers and edit multiple frames in the timeline panel. Use the help using the words onion or edit multiple frames.

Just tried that and it still only resizes the frame that the red marker is on. Any other solutions?!

Banned
    Don't think re-scaling an imported .swf would change the file's size (I could be wrong...) but check this...

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ts/tn4106.html

You can scale in the same way you'd move it...

Or load the movie in a container clip, and scale the container clip... But that probably wouldn't reduce the file's size either...

Nope, that didn't work either. The problem I have is with trying to keep the file size down. I've rendered the animation at the smallest size I could to lower the file size (I'm not sure why the file size is affected by resolution becuase I thought vector graphic file sizes didn't depend on the size of the image?!). The thing is that the animation alone is 800 kb, which seems alot, when compared to the The Crimson Room game which is just over 300 Kb and thats everything, actionscript, buttons, the works! Any ideas why this is so large, or is it just the author of The Crimson Room is highly adept at greatly small file sizes?!

Nope, that didn't work either. The problem I have is with trying to keep the file size down. I've rendered the animation at the smallest size I could to lower the file size (I'm not sure why the file size is affected by resolution becuase I thought vector graphic file sizes didn't depend on the size of the image?!). The thing is that the animation alone is 800 kb, which seems alot, when compared to the The Crimson Room game which is just over 300 Kb and thats everything, actionscript, buttons, the works! Any ideas why this is so large, or is it just the author of The Crimson Room is highly adept at greatly small file sizes?!