A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sounds & Preloaders

Talking

Hi There,
    I am in the process of trying to put a sound file on a preloader and can't seem to get it to play normally, it sounds jittery!!! Can someone tell me if it is possible at all. My preloader has eight sections and I am not sure how the sound file should be placed onto a layer. i.e. in another movie???

Also, should a preloader load the whole movie or just say half of it? Mine is about 10 scenes long and takes a while to preload, just wondered if I could cut this down.???

Thanks,
    Alastair.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

The sound could be your sound quality you selected. I would bump the quality up and set the sound to stream. And I would load in into the movie as a seperate swf into a new level using the load movie command.

I would have the front end of the site load. If you need to you can make the other sections seperate swf's that can be loaded on demand. This way the visitor will have a more normal internet experience. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.