A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Collapsable navigation help

Collapsable navigation help

I have been working on a collapsable menu in Flash MX and have run into the following problems:
    1. There are 7 or so menu items in my navigation, one button uses the following code:
    on (rollOver) {

btnplay = true;

play();

}

on (rollOut) {

btnplay = false;

play();

}
    So that when you rollover this button the movie moves along the timeline revealing the sub navigation for that menu. This works fine but as soon as you roll out of that button the sub navigation disapears (as planned). This means I can not select any of the sub navigation buttons that would take you to another scene. To correct this problem I have inserted a hidden button that increases the hit range for the sub nav reveal, but having to place this hidden button above the sub nav buttons inactivates the sub nav buttons. How can increase the hit area for the sub nav buttons but also allow the sub nav buttons to work?
    2. Is it possible to have the menu in a movie format so that I can drop that movie into all of the scenes? When I drop that movie into the scenes the action script placed on the buttons within the movie will not move to the scenes. Do I have to place all of the navigation layers and keframes in each scene in order for the links to work?

Check out this link to see the site I am working on:
    http://www.cashcowmedia.com/CCM.html

I have also attached my fla file

Any help would really be appreciated. I am stuck!

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files