A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Urgent code help - willing to pay some fee via paypal

Urgent code help - willing to pay some fee via paypal

hi, i need this solved within 1-2hours. Very urgent, my icq is 33 46 84 84. Will pay token fee for your help.

Flash CDROM application has already been developed, with all codes availble but small problem with playing it, which we did not anticipate.

Flash file plays well on CDROM, when launched, and after first few screens, it will play an external swf SORENSEN squeezed intro video file about 20mb. Because it is loading / running from CDR, sometimes, user thinks something is wrong with application. After this video, user clicks next and another video is played, about 20-30mb. Within the application, there's another screen with 6 video clips to view. Again, when user clicks, any videos, it takes about 10-20secs to load, before playing, and it seems to a novice user that the application has frozen when it's actually loading the external swf file.

We had no choice as client gave us mpeg video that was 300-400mb large, each. So after reducing, the best we got was 20-30mb each.

I need someone to fix up the code to "preload" the video files as the user is going through the various screens, reading stuff etc.. so that when they eventually reach the video screens, the videos won't take so long to play.

I've already uploaded the application on my server and also the fla file.

Please contact me via message board or i cq ASAP.

thanks.

hi,

If you post the flash file I will take a look for you and see what I can do for free

I hope this helps

Cheers
    Rabid Lemming

I will wait for death with a smile and a big stick

Banned
    Preloaders are useless on CD. The whole system simply freezes until everything is loaded into ram. The best you can do, is get a warning message on screen before you allow the user to load up a new video, and again no use in animating that message, it will also simply freeze.

Problem Solved

hi all, thanks for all the replies.
    i've solved it using Juggler http://www.***********.com/

Banned
    Did you pay them through Paypal?