Our MAX session about 'Developing Games for Flash Lite' will be linked on our site soon (I'll post the link when its up), you can download the powerpoint, hand outs and source files. It will also hopefully be posted on mobile.macromedia.com sometime soon.
Things to consider when developing games for Flash Lite 1.1 for mobile:
1. Limited Screen Size
2. Limited and Structured User Input
3. One key press at a time
4. Low Processor power
5. Slow movement when using many animations
6. When to use Vector graphics and when to use Bitmaps
7. Game style, no face paced multi level gaming. Turn based games work best.
8. Limited file size, we recommend up to 200k
9. Different devices with different screen sizes and user input, Series 60, UIQ, i-Mode
There are many more things to consider, check out all the Flash Lite CDKs at mobile.macromedia.com for more recommendations and sample files.
Paul Lamonby - BlueskyNorth
how are you delivering SWF to end users?
are you using WAP download, SMS, MMS?
have you experienced any difficulties on moving 200k file size SWF through networks?
Delivering stuff to end users? Surely your joking :P
Its all still research and development at the moment for the European markets, very few have Flash Lite on their device yet.
I recommend 200k as the top end due to the comments you suggest, although we dont see a problem for people to download the .swf via desktop and bluetooth it to their device.
With 3G around the corner though, 200k will not be a problem over the air.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width