A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Loading several child movies in one location...

Banned
    Came back to another set of swaped container clips...

Couldn't attach the whole thing in one zip, so here's rhe first...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    And the other...

GREAT...I am not sure where you get all this code, but you are the man. Ok a few questions...I am sure I will have some more after I disect this thing.

What did you change in my_final?

Also I was looking at the actions for the create2.fla and in the first frame you have

_root.ignite.ignitenavi.loadMovie("ignitenavi.swf" );
    btop = sub1;
    bbot = sub2;
    btop.loadMovie("empty.swf");
    bswap();
    function bswap() {
    var t = btop;
    btop.swapDepths(bbot);
    btop = bbot;
    bbot = t;
    }

I am not really shure what all of that is, but that is okay....I was curious why you added

_root.ignite.ignitenavi.loadMovie("ignitenavi.swf" ;

Are my subnavigations being loaded from the submovies now?

Lastly why is the scrolling images on the right skipping? Did you see this when I gave it to you?

THANKS for all of your help!!! Your the best

Ok did you reconstruct some things? I am asking because my buttons that I originally had the actionscript on are not as deep as they were before. I guess I am just curious what you did so I can emulate it in the future. Also why did you include a close button on those movies? I understand its purpose but do you think that I need it?

I fixed the skipping images by the way.

Banned
    Didn't really change anything in myfinal.fla, except maybe some added code on the home button...
    I've been loading the submenus from the main movie all along, sorry If you hadn't noticed it.

I had suggested loading the new movies on a level, but came back to a second set of swaped containers instead. A second set just so that there's no mixups with the first set.

I didn't touch the scrolling (and BTW, no offense, but I don't like it anyways!), it's exactly what I got from you. Nor did I change the buttons' depths.

The close buttons was just something I thought might be useful (for the users), but it's no big deal if you remove them!

Well if you don't like it can you suggest something else? I think you know what I am trying to accomplish with those logos. I need the user to be able to see all the clients, in a tight space.

Banned
    It's not so much the scrolling itself, but more it's speed (much too fast when the mouse is on the left side...) and it should IMHO, only be active when hovering over that area.

would love ot know how to do that i respect you HO.

OLDNEWBIE...

Well as far as I can see everything else is working out just fine. Since you have been with me throughout this process I was curious if you want to put your signature on here somewhere. I was thinking maybe a preloader that you only do, or something like that. If not then maybe you could say "hey this preloader would work great." That is basically all I have left to complete. You have helped so much on this project I feel like I should put a shout out or something on the site!

Banned
    Just checked it again this morning... And a few glitches left... Your 2 last containers are not aligned and the kav one is to high, you can see it behind the ortho one, on the top.
    Most of your scrollers' draggers still shift on the first press, mine in ortho and kav don't. They even move down with the fade in on the share sub items.
    Still don't like your scrolling, but haven't had time to look into it.

A preloader... Ummmmh! Maybe you would even need a generic one for loading all those movies for still slow connected users...

As for some credit, maybe on your contact page? Don't see where else you could integrate it. A simple thanks to Oldnewbie would be fine!

I LIED.

THere is changes to the create section, again, I know, I know.

Here me out on this one. Currently the create section load movies above the scrolling images. Is there a way we can incorporate the same idea, BUT when you click on a client, the scrolling text box for the specifc client takes place of the text under the create section? That text before never changed, now we want to incorporate the scrolling text below to allow more space for client work. How should we do this? Have the backgroud extend to cover the previous text, horizontal bar, and "CREATE." Then recreate the bar, "Kavanagh Homes" and teh scrolling text below it? We still need the scrolling images on the right to be accessible no matter what movie you are looking at in the create section. I am attached 2 movies here. Create bottom text, which is an example of what we want the movie to look like in a specifc client section, and the "new" original create. What do you think?

# 2

Oldnewbie- Did you see what I was talking about?

here's what I came up with, works I guess. Experimenting with some croping of images so its kinda whack.

www.elementmultimedia.com/cognition

Banned
    Pretty weird if you ask me my friend!

Pretty weird? What do you mean, is that good or bad?

Almost there...One quick question...

www.elementmultimedia.com/cognition

Ok on the create section you have the sub navigation for Branding, identity, etc for clients. The only one that has multiple secitons in lexington home. Since it has 3 I want them to play different frame numbers. How is this possible? Since the buttons are outside the main iamge slides symbol...The .zip is too big to post here so I was going to email it to you but I can find your address. Do you want the .fla?

Banned
    Will PM you a solution to your current problem sometime tomorrow!