dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loading several child movies in one location...

If I use the first set of code that i inserted above I would have to set up my about movie for that to work, and I am not sure how to do this . Am I right?

Banned
    You're confusing me!

on (release) {
    if (_global.selected == "b_about") {
    stop();
    } else {
    //navigation_sub.loadMovie("about.swf"); // ???????
    top.loadMovie("about.swf");
    swap();
    _global.selected = "b_about";
    }
    }
    Why would you load another submenu, when loading the about content movie?

Maybe you should provide me with your present .flas!

HA HA

"Why would you load another submenu, when loading the about content movie?"

I am not trying to, I am just trying to load the about content movie onto the stage, on top of the parent, but still having the navigation present. I think I am complicating this

Do you understand what I am saying? Or do you want my .fla file tonight?

Banned
    Suppose you have the ignite movie up (why by the way is it the same submenu on ignite and create?), and you press the about item in the ignite submenu, what's keeping you from loading the "about" movie (or the "philosophy", "services" or "clients" movies...) in the same top container the "ignite" movie itself was loaded, without changing the sub-navigation movie? In theory, it would only change if you hit the "ignite", "create", "share" or "connect" buttons, right?

No I agree with what you are saying, and I assumed that I had to load the movie that way. I say "had" because like I mentioned I cannot set the movie up correctly so that the container clips work correctly like the original .fla I sent you. If I am going to use containers, I might as well use swap depth to keep it seamless. I am in total agreement about how to load the movies, but like I said I cannot set up my new movies to load like that without a little help. That's where you come in..

Banned
    I'll be around tonight if you send me the .flas...

Well that would be great, but I would also like to know how to do it myself. i have to do this about 15 more times, and I know you don't want to code all 15 of them... So hopefully you can run me through it after you look at it. But to be honest nothing has really changed, no backend script has at least. The animation has changed but thats about it. Do you think you can talk me through it or would you rather put in the new code, and then tell me about it.

THANKS

I got to step out for a couple of hours so I have attached the movies in case you want them. If not then thats cool too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    You've posted .swfs... Guess you don't need my help!

Crap I am sorry.
    Last edited by Djstarchild25; 11-22-2004 at 10:00 PM.

Lets try this one more time...

Wait I think I got it....I will keep you updated, for now I don't think you need to do anything!!!

Thanks!

Hey Hey....

www.elementmultimedia.com/cognition

You want to help me out with something else?

I am scrolling text using a .fla I got from the movies section on actionscript.org.

I got it to work out on my home page but when I try to scale the thign and make it bigger all hell breaks lose. I tried to examine the actionscript but this is very complicated and it looks greek to me. I think when you open my .fla you will see that it is easy for you, and you will see what I am trying to accomplish...If you feel like you have spent enough time on MY problems let me know and I will see if someone else will help me out.

Attached us my scroller, and the original so you see the raw code.

THANKS again, you are saving me!

Banned
    I've never really liked that scroller, eventhough I suggested it's use a few times, myself... Until I worked out this one, that can load text from text files (easier to update!), and which is much smoother than Billy's... You can get rid of the arrows & the scrolltrack's background, if you so wish...
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 12-02-2004 at 11:14 AM.

I can't view the zip at work, but is that one easy to manipulate without losing all the code? I used Billy's on the homepage, but like I said after changing the size it pooped out on me.

Banned
    It is a bit tricky to use if you're going to change the size of it, and especially use a pixel font, that remains sharper even if it is embedded. If I have a few minutes, I may try to integrate it for you, in your latest news.fla...

Here's attached the original .fla (not mine) that I modified to load external text...
    And here a sample of mine, you can have a look at...

http://blake.prohosting.com/~tektips...crollbar2.html
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 12-02-2004 at 11:15 AM.

Why are they so finicky when you change their size? That was the problem with the one I sent you...It must have to do with contrain properties or something.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why can't I resize this thing? I need some more room. HELP.

GOt it.. Nmind,