A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

Full 3D Support

I feel that Macromedia should focus entirely on making 3d flash. Instead of having to import each keyframe from dimensions, you should be able to draw and move simple 3d objects (spheres, cubes) using the shape and motion morphers that are already used for 2d objects. That would greatly improve flash's capabilities.

Also, an easy way to put streaming movies in like realplayer

And they probably already have this and i havent figured it out yet but a full and seamless compatability with PERL. Flash and perl, the two greatest things for web design since HTML.

and 3rd party plug-ins!

Smile Hmm

A better way to Improve Flash
    -Easier ways to add effects
    -More Better Interface
    -More sound options
    -What would really be cool is a Swift3d build in or swish something like Easier Converter
    I personaly think that You should Start a Whole new damn thing See i hated flash i the Begginng I did'nt even know
    how to add effects So i trun to My search engine and looked for Easier ways to create Flash i Think SWISH has chaged it all around and than i Started to understand Flash now i can do alot In swish And even Learing More about Flash everday
    So now i use Flash and Swish to my Projects Well thats just my opioin Maybe something a little Easier 4 us newbie Pepole from Flash .

,David

I would like to see, a whole pile of motion and shape tween effects and controls, such as motion blurs, adding and edit fade time, fade movement.. etc.

I`m of the same view as many...Re-release flash4 and call it Flash6, Keep the Actionscripting extensions,Incorporate some 3D tools,More photoediting features,and Pleeeease DONT change the menu items to other names or shift them somewhere else this just means getting used to all over again...Our time IS valuable too..

Tony

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

I don't think they should concentrate AT ALL on a whole bunch of stock effects, they would just be abused, lets be creative out there
    some kind of built in middleware function (other than xml support) so's we can send email and form submittals without having to code cgi
    The big one though, I'm with you Grandmaster Flash - video playback (as long as they can keep the player size down, that small file size rules)
    maybe more interaction with quicktime would provide a solution, so if you have qt and the flashplayer you could see video in flash?
    but what I really want is for macromedia to bombard the entire globe with the new player so we can all use the new features right away!!!!!
    (is it too late to do that with the flash 5 player? )

dream.in.code
    I want to see wizards, kinda like swish and stuff, I have clients constantly request little things that would be so easy if only there was a wizard to do it.

I want effects like EyeCandy or Kai
    3D, Sphere Tool, Slice Tool, Cube, all that, hell maybe even a raytrace

Lastly, lose the new interface, I love Flash 4's I use Flash 4 90% of the time.
    Ummm let's see, smaller file sizes (i.e. better compression) or something

3d..

Support for import of 3d models if only 2d, that would be beter than nothing.. but a swift type thing would be better.. also with HTML support.... option to turn off anti-alaising...

scarab

someone suggested macro's and i think that is a wonderful idea.

Something similar to the photoshop 'action' palette where things we do can be repeated easily.

templated effects don't appeal to me, they would just get abused and over-used like everything else. I still see sites using the beach ball from the original flash lesson!!

Chris
    http://www.opacitydesign.com
    http://www.chrishayward.com

Being able to distort an object and be able to do motion tweens on it. The scale and rotate are ok, as one can skew objects with them, but a distort would be awsome. More shapes than just square and circle. How about star and ngon? I guess the only thing holding them back is that nobody would buy freehand(overstatement?).

Im hoping for an "azrel" section on the ActionScript help list.
    Files detailed specificly for my dead brain at 5 am

az

mad russian
    i wish fully NEW engine for player. FAST engine, this is weird, i have pIII and when i put 50 duplicated movieclips into stage with 50% alpha, my CPU stuck, all almost died. so i think flash 6 must have another engine.

also read/write pixel support, uniform shape modeling stuff, MC masking, fre transform tool (not only scale, rotate) and a lots of stuff....

P.S. Plugins as well...

Daer Macromedia,

Please add a button or shortcut to 'duplicate Layer'.

Audio options.
    A whole bunch of 'em.
    So many of 'em that it takes me two weeks of playing with Flash 6 for 22 hours a day and I still don't find all of them or had enough of them.
    Editing sounds so you can delete portions of a sound... add in a little of something else....then be able to drop tones and such so that you can virtually create your own loops within Flash, a built in librbary of "good" sounds... not like the cheesy ones you find everywhere else.
    And as mentioned before... more options of the PS nature for creating. More built-in text effects.

Ok.. that's all for the moment... I have plenty more... no need to get overly unrealistic at this point in time.

Smile

Big job, but create a side interface in flash like swift 3d, where you can create really complex 3d images. That would be cool to see in flash.

'Convert Bug'

Hi Guys...

Isnt it exciting?!?...Feels like we all are writing 'One Big Xmas List!'.. :-) Although not one for Xmas myself, I do would like to see a feature of flash development come to light, thats utilising any Flash6 fla's in later versions...

Sounds like a pretty lame Wishful idea...but I've been a good little girl. 0:-) thnks Santa and the lil Elves at Macro-Pole.

FlshGirL

Smile

Can we have Flash 6 with the following:

-Flash 4
    -Swift 3D
    -Swish
    -Actionscripting better - easier
    -3D MAX (IF POSSIBLE!)
    -PHOTOSHOP
    -ILLUSTRATOR
    -ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS & PREMIERE (SO THAT WE CAN ADD COOL VIDEO EFFECTS WITH OUT GOING CRAZY USING GAZILLION PROGRAMS!)
    -Flashtyper
    -SAME OLD FLASH 4 LOOK PLEASE. I AM STILL CONFUSED USING FLASH 5 ..
    -PLEASE DONT ADD ANYTHING AND PLACE IT IN SUCH A PLACE THAT USER COULD NEVER FIND IT. CHANGES SHOULD BE NOTICEABLE AND THAT WE DONT HAVE TO BUY A NEW BOOK LEARNING FROM SCRATCH AS WE HAD TO FOR FLASH 5 FOR LEARNING ATION-SCRIPTING.
    -A REAL COOL HELP FILE THAT COULD SPEAK .. I DONT LIKE READING STUFF THAT GETS BORING AFTER A WHILE! PLEASE!
    -ADD MORE TOOLS SO THAT WE CAN MAKE MORE THAN CARTOONS. ATLEAST BETTER FILTERS FOR EDITING PICS! CMON GUYS LEARN SOMETHING FROM PHOTOSHOP!
    -AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST -- MAKE IT FREE! (OHH I LOVE FREE STUFF!)

Thats it for now. I need to sleep!

Oh so can I be the first one to get a free copy of FLASH 6? NO ALPHA-BETA VERSIONS PLEASE! AND YEAH .. FREE!

Thank you!

PS. IT BETTER BE GOOD!

The text-tool in flash5 is not as good as the rest of the program! They could have textboxes that could be auto-rezised and why not the ability to drop a shadow or two?

And also a possibility to put actionscripts somewhere else then in the frames...!

And also a possibility to use negative numbers with POW()! I can't belive how they could have missed that!

Born Again Flasher
    I don't care what they do, as long as they have an AUTO-SAVE!!!!!!
    But a spell-checker would be nice too!
    and maybe a 3D effects thing...
    oh and... just kidding.
    -emorphous

Hey..Atif_81

LOL...I dont think any of us would have enough assets to Mortgage to be able to afford all that..
    But that would be *SOME* program

Tony