A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

dream.in.code
    Howabout a little preview on each layer, like in photoshop, I don't lable my layers, and when I get going and end up with a few hundred of those suckers, it sure would be nice to see what is on that layer.

Or maybe I should just start naming each layer.
    I atleast want a drop shadow, bevel, blur, etc... effect for text, I can't stand having to make my own shadows.

3D, yes, HTML, yes, MIDI, yes. But what about some more basic additions to make your lives easier?

1: True Vanishing Point Perspective (not just skew)
    2: Bitmap distortion
    3: Nested guide/mask layers
    4: Targetable movieclips on mask layers
    5: Drop shadow and glow functions
    6: Regular polygon/star shapes
    7: Pie slice shape tool
    8: Fully plug-in expandable
    9: Alpha masks
    10: Time stretching samples (nothing major, just so I can paste loops seamlessly)

More as I think of it.

Flash 6 Wishlist

mmmm... low level access to audio data for sure, and maybe a way to get midi data into and out of Flash movies...?

Pause

I wouldn't mind a delay function that can pause your movie for x seconds!

I think eventually we will see a merge of Director and Flash, they are beginning to have so much in common.

--afro

here's my wishlist:

- the ability to do single sided scaling through actionscript (for instance, when you have a square, you could make the left side larger than the right side, for easier 3d simulation) Action-scripted skewing would be a good start...

- a swapdepths that works (depths should support floating point numbers)

- midi support

that's all I can think of now, anything else is already possible in flash 5.

Olorin

Last Ju-Jitsu Warrior
    Ping option - very simple and not big, for online status and speed checking.

Hebrew Langage Support - I'm from Israel

Loading Everything - Ability to load a file into a preset variable instead of the current function.

Better Clushing - When something bumps into something else it shall jump up right away with a simple action instead of a 10 line actionscript.

Loading Sound/Images - not just variables, but to be able to load a file into an instance like a .swf just a .jpg.

Better Interface - Return the lovley normal palletes.

Ability HTML - more on the HTML, like ability to form a Table, and to have a link but a link to move the timeline...

That's about it - maybe the Flashkit logo

Smile perspective tool

a perspective tool!! Like photoshop's.... also.. macros or recordable actions. Better documentation!!!! I say this quite annoyed because I'm still finding features that are not covered in the docs... argh... what good are they if your not gonna tell us about them??

...my 2 cents

filters over time

I wanna see photoshop filters included in flash AND be able to animate them over time.

What i would like to see is:

An actionscript function that can draw a shape, using coordinates given to it by the coder, for example:

drawShape(FILLED,#FF0000,10,10,100,100,10, 100);

and that will draw a red filled triangle with the corners at 10,10, 100,100 and 10,100 (x,y coordinates). That would be really nice, it'll give coders the chance to do animation entirely in actionscript, and create a filled poly 3d engine, instead of the wire engines that are created with flash 5.

I would also like to see more LOW level programming options, to really tween the movie, and actionscript has to speed up the movie, in stead of slowing it down, so when you animate objects using actionscript, it'll be less cpu intensive than when you do it, using a tween

I would like FULL control over the movie, using actionscript, not just too add some features, or to spare a few frames.

(Sorry guys, it's a coder speaking here )

Open Source

I want to see a Flash editor on Linux. An open source application. The player is there, but no editor yet. If the swf-format should be an industry standard not only big guys like Macromedia and Adobe should develop it.
    About the photoshop idea…
    The best thing about Flash is that it is vectorbased. It makes it light. If you want bitmaps, use Director instead.

Tempo Control

My number 1 - Dynamic control over the tempo of one timeline independantly of another. (Framerate)

My number 2 - Dynamic loading of external graphics.

Other than that, I like the 5. It gets the job done - The rest is up to you

Steve

Flash 6 support third party add-on's

Rather than trying to lobby for one or two new or improved features. Flash 6 should support thrid party extensions. Imagine Swift3d or Swish within Flash. What Xtras are to Director. Some want 3D support, others better HTML, XML intergration, a FlashTyper engine and so on.

If Flash 6 allows for third party Xtras as Director does. All request could easily be a reality. Macromedia could concentrate on a solid, bug-free application along with updating/enhancing existing tools, while other developers concentrate on creating additional add-on's that would extend Flash 6 tools.

This way user's can purchase only the tools(Xtras) they needed the most. This by far would be the biggest improvement.

I definitely think the sound could use a little tweaking. There has to be some way to get sound a motion to sync right on most machines. That's one of the big multi's in multimedia...

ZeroX
    Flash 6 should have HTML Support, Flash 4 Interface(No popup panels), Actionscript Area stays the same, Ability to select seperate frames without having to add keyframes, not having to drag the hold group of frames, and 3-D support, but with option for 2-D pics, and a simpler online interface for making online games(Yes you can do that with Flash 5, and I'm still trying to figure it out ( )

Originally posted by NETbreed
    I've been looking through all the posts and most of them seem to say "Can we have SWiSH or better line drawing etc". This could all be done with plug-ins - give the USER the ability to expand the program for their own needs!
    I think that MM is going this way. They already have fantastic extensibility features in Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver UltraDev and Fireworks. They also will launche a Flash exchange soon (I expect at the Flash Forward conference in London).

MM is very enthousiastic about extensibility and I thinks that it's very likely that they're going walk that way with flash too. Starting with sharing Smart Clips. The new Extensions Manager for DW4 already has Flash support

So maybe we already should tell them how those extensibility features have to look like?
    You can take a look at the DW extensibility docs for example and inspiration!

Waldo

Blue Haired Muppet

1) 3D
    2) new (better) samlpes and lessons
    3) easier interface (like flash 4)
    4) easier actionscript
    5) text effects
    6) clip-art
    7) better trace bitmap function

...I can go on and on...

Okay, here's what do... Release with a new name -I suggest Splash 1. Make it look like Flash which in turn looks like Director, but change the names for everything. For example, if in Director a sprite is called a "Cast" and in Flash it's called a "Symbol", in Splash it can be called a "Tea pot". Add 5-6 more methods to every object. But be careful not to overdo this feature, so we can provide sequels to the product. Provide "AutoSave" only in version 6 of the product. Hire more computer scientists, like the one who designed the inheritance model (see prototype) and baffle every object oriented programmer in the world! Merge all panels into one single "object inspector" (Don't forget to change the name). The components, sorry Smart clips, could be more successful to the extent of an entirely new industry being created just for building them. We can call these components, the Wise clips.

Now, as a prediction and from the designer's point of view, it doesn't matter what you do to the product. Graphic designers will always come up with brilliant ideas to showcase this technology, no matter what. But real programmers will stay away from it, which kind of ruins the expandability of the product, but then again, this will guarantee us many successful sequels in the years to come.

Thus spoke the master programmer.

Whatever new stuff Flash 6 might get I think a huge priority of macromedia should be to keep the plugin tiny in filesize.

But as far as what I would like to see:

The ability to determine whether or not embedded text is anti-aliased or not. (Sometimes I want people to see a particular font but not be anti-aliased, heck, maybe event the ability to change that property through actionscript. Or while I am at the ability to change the antialiased of single things within the movie through acitonscript.)

A quad property would be cool. (like they have in director)

A property of instances that you could set to either block out any buttons which may appear behind it, or to allow interaction through the instance. (right now you can interact with buttons that appear behind other things)

And in general I would like to see actionscript access to more things. Things like framerate, movie size(width by height), and drawing shapes through actionscript would also be cool.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Miitchell

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Originally posted by MasterShin
    Ability HTML - more on the HTML, like ability to form a Table, and to have a link but a link to move the timeline...
    There is a such thing!!! It is a DW behavior!!!!