A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Skewed News: Bush Visits Canada

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar

Skewed News: Bush Visits Canada

Okay, this is not suppose to be a debate thread I just find it hilarious how skewed Canadian news appears this week with regards to Bush visiting Canada.

Bush comes to Canada to try and build support for his war on terror. He goes on and on about how the US and Canada are linked not only by culture and geography, but by a common will.. and blah blah blah.. He comes up with these quotes from former Prime Ministers of Canada during WWII.. but what hits the headlines of almost every newpaper I read???

Bush: A Hockey Fan?
    George Bush: Hockey fan
    Bush wants NHL back in action
    Bush says Canada and US linked through hockey

This is all because he made some little comment like "two independent nations joined together by the return of NHL hockey" when visiting Halifax NS.

Anyone else find it humourous that despite Bush coming here to discuss war, trade, exports, mad cow disease, etc. All that really makes the news is hockey.

Shows what us Canadians really value as important. (check out msn.ca or cbc news if you don't believe me)

I bet Chimpy McFlightsuit has never been to an NHL game.

Does he even know Canada hasn't had the cup in forever, and that the dilution of the league has been because of over-aggressive American expansion? Let alone we stole the Nordiques and Jets?

Not that it matters. They got us back when Leetch got traded to the Leafs.
    Last edited by PAlexC; 12-02-2004 at 04:17 PM.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Re: Skewed News: Bush Visits Canada

Originally posted by flipshark
    Shows what us Canadians really value as important. (check out msn.ca or cbc news if you don't believe me)
    Could be worse. All the news shows here were wrapped up on Julia Roberts' giving birth to twins.

And people wonder why i quit being a journalist.

d.
    dlowe93

Maybe the news gets twisted because the Journalists/Reporters think they know what "News" the people want to read/see instead of just reporting what news there is.

Did'nt Canada win "The Cup" in '87? Well forever sure 'aint what it used to be.
    Lecherous by Nature, Evil by Intent

***Blame dem Jeans***