dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: http://www.djrima.com

.com

djrima.com | v.four

http://www.djrima.com/

Let me know what you think.

Suggestions, Comments, Ideas, Bugs, etc.

Thanks!
    Last edited by djrima; 05-20-2005 at 08:03 AM.
    *djrima.com

Very good start. I like the color and layout. Guess it just depends now on the content and how it's displayed.

.com
    Thank you. And yes...that is my main concern as I stated in the first post...I am having difficulty coming up with a good design for my text layout and music player.
    *djrima.com

Originally posted by djrima
    Thank you. And yes...that is my main concern as I stated in the first post...I am having difficulty coming up with a good design for my text layout and music player.
    Im sure youll come up somthing if you tried Dude this is a super start. Its got the latest cool warm greys look and very light on it's feet. Love the mini bounce in opening up. I like the tiny suble movment...Very nice.

Hard to say about the text and music..it depends on your next move. If you havent come up with a thread you should. Or a common denomanator to the site. This will help you come up with new ideas that are strung together for some cohesivness or continuing a theme Sorry about spelling..im bad at it.

Mabey figuring out a transition between categories may spark some ideas..i can see some mask scripting that looks a bit like the header grid but softer. Not sure.. just smackin a couple of rocks together to help out.

Let me know when you have some new content...so far im feelin it.

m
    ChickenSoupforTheFlasher

on the contact box the very top is a bit blurry might just be me though.

otherwise looks hot.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

.com
    just finished coding loop player. Not very impressive looking on the site but the backend is awesome and it's completely dynamic. I just have to code myself a little CP and it will be awesome.
    *djrima.com

Nice... dynamicism (pretty sure that's not a word. or it's spelled incorrectly) is everything nowadays...
    and just a question, how come you didn't leave the previous version up on the main page and have the new site in a folder or something while you test it, that way everyone that goes to djrima.com can see a full site (which I know you have a couple of...).
    Anyways, I know you're going to get out another awesome site, as your past sites were all really good, but good luck with it anyways!
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

.com
    alexxlea, hey, i remember you . Yeah I thought I would have things rolling a lot faster that's why djrima.com homepage is the test site and not a full version. I'm switching that right now. Thanks!
    *djrima.com

re:

Hi,dJ
    I think this is cool site. Mostof I like Layout design and color. Good starting animation. But it takes lotof times to load.

.com
    ronakbhagdev,

thank you for the feedback. May I ask what speed connection you are on, also what exactly is it that takes long to load? The initial 'opening' animation or the music?

Thanks
    *djrima.com

everything loaded for me really quick, even the music, and my DSL connection is only so-so. i really like the look of the site, and the speed of the animations are really sweet...and smooth for being that fast. i like the way you have the content area laid out so far. keep it simple. i know it looks blank now, but once you toss some text and stuff in there it'll look quite nice.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

.com
    DMB Lover 41: I have a slow DSL connection as well and it loads very fast for me too. So I am still wondering why people are saying the loadtime is long? Anyway thanks very much for the comments, im glad you are kind of invisioning the site like I am! I am working on getting the content done soon, but not until I finish page transitions, so keep a look out. Thanks very much.
    *djrima.com

like the loader, cant cou put that as a logo or something in the upper left of the site

.com
    The rotating 3d loader, if frozen, is in fact the logo in the upper left. . Assuming that's what your talking about?! Thanks for the feedback.
    *djrima.com

The speed.

I'm on a 56K modem, and it took about 55 seconds to load.

.com
    bluefern: thanks. it's kind of weird that it only takes 4 seconds on 768 dsl, but it takes almost a minute on 56k, but with the site at 255kb, theres not much I can do about it, it's already really, really small.

Any mac users checked it out yet? Odd resolutions? Any other 56kers? Mozilla, IE? (Im on Firefox) but i've been doing some testing for IE.

UPDATE: contact link now works with new navigation.

I am also making news dynamic so there will in fact be old news and scrollers.
    Last edited by djrima; 12-07-2004 at 08:21 PM.
    *djrima.com

sorry, i wasnt very clear

what i really ment was putting the rotating logo where the frozen logo now is.

you could move it from the loading in the beginning to that point and then make it freeze or something.

anyway, if you do all this stuff or not, its still great looking!

.com
    Ohhh! I see what you are saying. Making the rotating logo freeze in place so basically it would never fade out. That is an interesting idea. Because of the positioning and scaling Im not sure if this is possible without making it look like a cheap tween, but I'll def. give it a try. Thanks for the idea!
    *djrima.com

site design and layout are very good
    fonts may need some tweaking

looks like its time for content

.com
    I am thinking keep the fonts on the buttons, change the fonts for the news and the content area titles? What do you think?
    *djrima.com