A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Check this out Please! and reply :)

Check this out Please! and reply :)

hi all,

i'm realy curious of your opinion on my site... i'm only 17 years old, buti can say that i'm a maniac "flasher"

i started learning flash 4 months ago and i made several sites ... this is one of my recent ones and i hope that you'll all like it!

1 more thing: IT'S UNDER CONSTRUCTION ! so, some of the link don't work...

MACROMEDIA FLASH MX PROFESSIONAL 2004 FOREVER !

Please check this site out: www.wbwd.home.ro
    and please reply your opinions. Thanks!

Well hmm... about 50 people looked at your site and browsed this link today..cuz you want feed back..im the 49th , and explain why you have no comments lol.

Well for one...the preloader is pretty cool...but the graphics are not clean cut...for the loader..there kinda choppy..

i would suggest you make a new logo instead of just letters , obviously you have photoshop because thats where you used those cheesy unorginal leaf graphics for your background. Which is not that bad i might add.

and the line tweens at the top...very weak...

also the font you have cosmic sans looks like childrens writing and is unprofessional to me ( just my opinion)

and if your doing stuff in photoshop..which takes ALLOT OF TIME ..to do somethign really sweet. I would suggest going to www.good-tutorials.com and look at web layouts.

i hope that helps.

i hope i covered everything everyone else didnt' say ...
    but hay..theres plenty of tut. on flash kit..and im just a beginer myself with flash...

First step to great webdesign.. HONOR THY PHOTOSHOP..

i appreciate your opinion ... and thx for the tips...

i'll doo my best to make it better

thx again

i couldn't agree more with everything shekinah aliyah said. i'd also add that the odd right centering is nothing short of strange, and seems out of place. but for 17, it's a great start. flash is great, but is nothing without good design skills. you're young, so you've got plenty of time to work on those.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

DMB Lover 41

so, u say that u like simple sites... is this simple enough?

www.simple-wbwd.home.ro

my biggest problem appeared in these 2-3 weeks ... i'm bloody low on ideas/ my imagination = 0 now ... i think i must take a brake, because the sites i make are CRAP !

i hope u like my simple site better then the other ...

and btw ... i hope u have no prob reading
    the things that i wrote ... on www.simple-wbwd.home.ro

what kind of font did u use on your site? www.conrad-design.com

i just don't get thoes fonts right ... dunno which to use... need a hint please.

Thanks

yes it is quite simple, and i like it. on my site i used a pixel font i found on the web, from best flash animation site . your fonts are a little blurry in some spots. it could be from a number of things...the text not being exactly 100% x 100%, the text not being on an integer pixel, or the text being dynamic, and the pixel font not being dynamic safe. i would double check those things. that's the only thing you'd need to fix on the site. good job.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

-

needs a lot of work and some design to it also. very bad, give it another try.
    'mess with the best (spungemedia.com) die like the rest!!'

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Hey -
    Not bad for 4 months of experience
    Just general advice -
    • The crazy moving lines were big around 1999, but are long gone these days.
    • A little color variety is always nice.
    • Pay more attention to your fonts in general. Try pixel fonts, and avoid Comic Sans at ALL COSTS!
    • Your drop-down menus are a clear copy of eStudio's old menus. Be original
    • Just put a little more effort into interesting layouts and animations...basically, more time!

Anyway, just some friendly advice. We young flashers need to stick together
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

thanks for the advices... i'll try to concentrate more on the things that must be fixed...

btw, i removed the "red" site, now there's only one... www.wbwd.home.ro

"We young flashers need to stick together"
    ---> now that felt good

cheers

Well, there's really nothing wrong with color. Here's a helpful link for ya :
    ColorMatters
    Is that TimesNew you're using? Rather try some _sans font...
    Also, it would be neater if that 'home' picture of a tree just faded in, instead of fading out, than in...
    The most important thing to do is put a little more effort into your designs. Take some extra time in both contemplation and production, great design is not something you create by snapping your fingers.

Originally posted by chero
    Well, there's really nothing wrong with color. Here's a helpful link for ya :
    ColorMatters
    Is that TimesNew you're using? Rather try some _sans font...
    Also, it would be neater if that 'home' picture of a tree just faded in, instead of fading out, than in...
    The most important thing to do is put a little more effort into your designs. Take some extra time in both contemplation and production, great design is not something you create by snapping your fingers.
    thanks for the hints bro appreciated.
    i have only 1 more question for you:

What do you mean by this: "The most important thing to do is put a little more effort into your designs. Take some extra time in both contemplation and production"

--- should my designs have more effects and special things? i'm realy having a bad time... the ideas of some reason just won't come i spend as many time i can to create a relatively good design, but my biggest problem at this moment in my opinion is that "i can't find my style of designing things, i can't get the outlook of my pages right...".

what works best for me when i have "designer's block" and am struggling to come up with ideas is to look at other great works to get the creative juices flowing. you could check out other designer's sites, or an easy thing is to check out the awards sites like the Favorite Website Awards and see some great work. often times looking at stuff you know is successful will spark something in your mind to do for your own work.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

i usually do the "look at other great sites" too, but my problem is more with the outlook of the page... i just can't decide between the classical site designs, or should i try something new and freeky

but anyway thanks fot the "hint link".

Well, what I meant by taking extra time and effort (and all that stuff) is that you should spend more time preparing your designs, draw a layout (I mostly use both pen/paper and photoshop) of your site, know what it's going to look like before you start working on it. I can't stress enough just how important the planning process is.
    Never dismiss something you wanted to do just because you lack the skill at the moment, but rather check out the tutorials on how to do it.
    Also, check out the other flash sites, you can find a lot of links in reviews forums, Find something you like (and think you'll be able to make), then try creating something similar.
    On that classic vs. new and freaky - go with the classic first, and when you build up on your skills, freak it out as much as you want to.

btw...

I want to say THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP that you GUYS had given so far and for the time spent with resolving my problems and for all the great hints and links...

--- don't think that this is the end of this thread i'm still wayting for opinions on my site...

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS !!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR OWN DESIGNS !!!

and btw ... MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ( i know that it's not Christmas yet, but maybe i won't have any other opportunities to say it )

GOD BLESS YOU ALL !