A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: N00b Q: what are the capabilities of flash lite?

N00b Q: what are the capabilities of flash lite?

Hi, I've been developing with Flash Mx and Flash 8 for a while now but have never venture into developing Flash lite content for mobiles..

I was wondering..

what are the capabilites of flash mobile content?
    what sort of Apps can be made?
    Is is easy to develope flash lite content with prior AS2 knowledge?

Thx

I might not be the best person to answer this... However, I will give it a try
    Flash Lite 2.1 is the latest version that supports up to Flash 7 (some say 8) movies and AS2. However the Actionscript is limited. Not all features are supported. The reason is probably the strenght of the processor on Symbian devices. It's nearly 220 MHz.
    You can make really all sort of apps including games.
    I'm keeping track of what's going on in FlashLite world for a couple of months now. I'm trying to develop something for FlashLite. The problem is I never used Flash (only when I couldn't avoid it). It was too powerfull for what I needed it for. I used SwishMax instead. I'm learning Flash 8 with AS2 right now.
    As I understand, you need to optimize the code because of the "weak" processor. So if you know AS2 i say go for it. It will be a challenge. Also, there is no mouse so the navigation is quite different.
    I'll be glad to test the applications you make if you don't have FlashLite enabled piece of hardware.
    I have Nokia 6630 and, if benchmarks don't lie, it's the fastest Symbian phone there is
    Sorry for a long post... I'm a Symbian freak so I know you'll understand

Regards