A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: proxus flv player/lister...

proxus flv player/lister...

Wanted to know if anybody purchased the flv/player or lister from :

http://www.proxus.com/components/index.php

I purchased it, payed 50 dollars and it is not working properly. The movie plays fine but I can't rewind, stop or use any of the controls.

I emailed them to ask if I was doing something wrong but never got any answers...

I am in a state of panic because I have a site out there with an flv player that doesn't work properly and I don't know if it's my fault (if I am suppose to add a script?).

So if any of you have this player or know anything, please let me know!
    Last edited by 3dsounds; 12-07-2004 at 06:46 PM.

I to bought this player, experience very specific bug problems, sent a very thorough and detailed description / example to proxus support, and got absolutely zero help.

Buyer beware.

A shame really, because it is a very nice player. If only it worked.

Note you will only get a response to your email if you have a Yahoo mail account, and of lately Alex, is flat out developing a new streaming player, and other apps, so the response time has disappeared. Yes I whish they could of fixed the present player before moving on to another product, because they will have issues with that and he will never keep his head above water.

Not too many players with good support, makes it fustrating..

not to busy to cash checks i guess ...

Okay, I found the solution so I am just gonna share the info:

Player is not working because the FLV doesn't contain MetaData duration info. This is necessary for the player to play correctly. Sorenson Squeeze doesn't inject MetaData automatically.

Solution:
    FLV converter, which can be downloaded here:
    http://www.swfx.org/flv-duration/
    (you have to download both flvmdi & flvmdigui)

put both freeware in the same folder, open flvmdigui, then you put the flv to be converted, once done, it will work with the proxus player.

I just wish he put something about it on the front page so people don't have to wonder all day or thinking it's just not working!

problems are still thick as thieves 4 me using sor 4, which does metadata ...

RIDER
    Im also having a bug and I have used " flv-duration " duration.

No responce from their support and I used my Yahoo account
    take it or leave it

Originally posted by coolmilo
    Im also having a bug and I have used " flv-duration " duration.

No responce from their support and I used my Yahoo account
    That's frustrating, isn't it? You would assume that when you pay for a product you would at list get some answers when a problem accurs?!

Try posting over @
    http://www.flvplayer.com/forum/index.php

That is his site.. I am beginning to think maybe his programmer quit on him?

Hi all,
    have you tried my new Custom FLV Player?

cheers,

Dene

IF one already bought the last component is there a upgrade path?

Ahhhh, Darn it!

I thought it was just me....

I bought this thing last night for $50, and come to find out that it simply doesn't work.

I spent 4 hours messing with the XML files, trying to figure out where the files go (oh, BTW there is ZERO documentation with this "product").

The player will work (about the same as the native media component), but the lister is WORTHLESS without clear documentation and support. It doesn't appear that either exists.

Buyer BEWARE.

Originally posted by stevec
    go here:

http://www.flvplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=506#506

read post
    Thanks Steve,

http://www.flvplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=508#508

Didn't work but thanks for the help - Patricia

YOur server does not support the chmod, or some part of his app to upload. I had the same issues do NOT use that to upload your files. Use a standard FTP client to upload your files and do NOT use their interface, I never got it to work. I use ftp client with no more prolbems.

Originally posted by stevec
    YOur server does not support the chmod, or some part of his app to upload. I had the same issues do NOT use that to upload your files. Use a standard FTP client to upload your files and do NOT use their interface, I never got it to work. I use ftp client with no more prolbems.
    I did use Dreamweaver MX 2004 to upload the files, however, it doesn't support CHMOD. Last night after I read the FAQ at Proxus, I went back and changed the CHMOD using WS FTP Pro. Do you think I should erase everything on the server, and start over using the FTP program to upload everything? I'm showing the CHMOD settings are 777 for all folders, I am willing to try just about anything at this point.

-P

YEs start alll over again..use wsFTpro to upload, and do NOT change permissions.

You could download the files I have over at my url and repost at your site to make sure it works on your server.

You want to make sure that you can just play the flv and that the metadata is encoded into the flv.

Use this free flv player to check your FLV on your PC

@ http://www.martijndevisser.com/archives/000021.php

Thanks again Steve, you ARE a big help...Proxus should put you on the payroll!

A question about your .swf player in the example above. I notice you don't have a "base" movie, only the selections from the lister. Do you just leave the _video field in the FLV_Player component blank, or is there something else that needs to be there?

Also, do you leave the <Instance Name> between the FLV_Player and FLV_Lister at default, or do you name the player and add that name to the _player field in the FLV_Lister?

Still can't get the thing to work for me...I did download the flv player to view flv's on the desktop and they all play fine. I'm exporting the flv's using Sorenson Compression Suite 4.

Thanks Again...I'll Keep trying (maybe).

-T

LEt me see if I can find the .fla that goes with this meanwhile.... Just uploaded it for you, called "test.fla"

Did you do this?

1.Give the Proxus player component a instance name of "player"

2.Include the name of the instance of the Proxus Player,in this case "player" in the Proxus flv listner component paramaneters field under the heading "__player"...... type in "player" the instance name of the Proxus player component.

3. Also give the path of the xml file in the proxus listner componet as well under the field "____xml_file" http://www.website.com

4.Give the Proxus listner a instance name of "listner"

Note: ther is a bug when you try to have a first player and a listner, erratic behaivor on the timeline.

Upload and test...
    Last edited by stevec; 12-27-2004 at 04:38 PM.

Steve,
    regarding the new custom flv player, all purchasers of the previous component are entitled to the new component for the marked down price of £8.

Best regards,

Dene