dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: proxus flv player/lister...

Originally posted by stevec
    LEt me see if I can find the .fla that goes with this meanwhile.... Just uploaded it for you, called "test.fla"

Did you do this?

1.Give the Proxus player component a instance name of "player"

2.Include the name of the instance of the Proxus Player,in this case "player" in the Proxus flv listner component paramaneters field under the heading "__player"...... type in "player" the instance name of the Proxus player component.

3. Also give the path of the xml file in the proxus listner componet as well under the field "____xml_file" http://www.website.com

4.Give the Proxus listner a instance name of "listner"

Note: ther is a bug when you try to have a first player and a listner, erratic behaivor on the timeline.

Upload and test...
    I tried both ways, leaving the default settings for the FLV_player and the FLV_lister, AND, giving each an instance name and making sure they referenced each other.

Reference the bug, does this mean that you can't have a "opening movie" (like the Proxus site does) when the page opens? Wonder how they did it?

Thanks again for your help!

-P

Dene- Thanks for the update. Still like the original component better than the new looks.

LEt me see if I can find the .fla that goes with this meanwhile.... Just uploaded it for you, called "test.fla"

Did you do this?

1.Give the Proxus player component a instance name of "player"

2.Include the name of the instance of the Proxus Player,in this case "player" in the Proxus flv listner component paramaneters field under the heading "__player"...... type in "player" the instance name of the Proxus player component.

3. Also give the path of the xml file in the proxus listner componet as well under the field "____xml_file" http://www.website.com

4.Give the Proxus listner a instance name of "listner"

Note: ther is a bug when you try to have a first player and a listner, erratic behaivor on the timeline.

Upload and test...
    Steve Thanks,

Here is what I have, could you take a look?

http://www.nearpointdesign.com/Proxus_errors/

-P

What version of the Listner and Player do you have? Check under help, manange extensions.

Can you upload your .fla so I can take a look at it.

I am using Flash MX professional and publishing as Flsh ver 7 what ver are you publishing?

Can you just use the player and publish one flv and see if that works off of the server, without the lister?

Are you sure the instance name of the player you have is called "video player" as indicated in the lister.

can you change that to "video_player" no spaces, both in the lister field and the component itself. Republish and upload again.

As far as the permissions just standard -rw-rw---- is all you need.

What version of the Listner and Player do you have? Check under help, manange extensions.

Can you upload your .fla so I can take a look at it.

I am using Flash MX professional and publishing as Flsh ver 7 what ver are you publishing?

Can you just use the player and publish one flv and see if that works off of the server, without the lister?

I have the PROXUS FLV Player SuperPack v2.0, Flash 2004 MX Pro v7.2.

I publish as Flash 7.x

I'm away from that machine right now, but I'll upload the .fla later tonight.

Thanks again!

-P

That seems to work OK: http://www.nearpointdesign.com/player.html

Thanks - P

let me know when you have the fla ready