A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [EARLY BETA] " Exile 5ive 7even "

one BAD mutha FK'er astrocalder's Avatar
    i tried that too, now i can see it. yeah it looks good, reminds me of metroid. i like the title (sounds cool) ans the title screen too. looking forward to seeing more.

is the whole game that screen size? that'd be kind of cool actually...
    a little bit of imagination goes a long way...
    www.asobiproductions.com

it looks good ... I was disappointed ... managed to do the double wall jump and spin into the giant flying jet thing in the air ... and it did nothing ... oh well...

As far as game play goes, the spinning is a good technique for air based attack (ninja gaiden-ish) but on the ground I think you should think about a slash attack, or possibably a plasma shot. You could work it like the old NES game low-g man ... he has a stun gun and then had to use his harpoon to actually harm the enemy ... picking up other sub-weapons occasionally from the fallen enemies ... anyhow ... look forward to a finished version of this.

tnx guys for comment..and for attack on ground, i was thinking of something else yeah, but tnx. And the screen will be this way, i like playing with new things and this screen will fit the gameplay well i think. I still hope finishing it before end of this year....
    but you know how it goes :P tnx..and keep the comments and suggestions coming while i can still change things..

tnx guys for comment..and for attack on ground, i was thinking of something else yeah, but tnx. And the screen will be this way, i like playing with new things and this screen will fit the gameplay well i think. I still hope finishing it before end of this year....
    but you know how it goes :P tnx..and keep the comments and suggestions coming while i can still change things..

oops...must be the echo :P lol

update**update**update**update**update**update**up date**update**update**update**update**update**upda te**update**update**update**update**update**update **update**update**update**update**update**update** update**update**update**update**update**update**up date**update**update**update**

hi, unfortunalty the game stil isn't finished..but I updated the beta version... I got more than this but I just wanted 2 keep u updated...tell me what you think so far of the main engine.... AND JUST A BETA so don't ask me what the goal is or anything

http://karimmirak0.tripod.com/engine_html.htm

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    looks good are you suposed to be able to go up through the platforms though? should be nice when its finished.

Ali.

yes, just like many platform games :P

Awesome work I like the way you've presented it. Artwork is cool and the sounds were great. Did you do the music yourself?

Good luck finishing it!

nope, some one else..and the voice is by lucien dodge, he'll be doing some more

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Originally posted by CrystalComet k
    yes, just like many platform games :P
    Yea, i wasnt saying there was anything wrong with it, just wondering if it would stay like that finish it, it will be great.

hahah tnx.i hope it will be enjoyd by many...

Nice. I don't know who Lucien Dodge is but his voice sounded cool

at times I could fall through a platform. I like the sound but there is one thing bothering me about the graphics I think the platforms should stand out more, tones look a bit bleached. I think the detail is lost because my eyes get confused by the fog, I just saw the shield thingy actually gives of some particles.

Anyway so fahr so good, make it as detailed as possible, but don't waste the detail.
    Last edited by Xploder; 01-03-2005 at 02:14 PM.

one BAD mutha FK'er astrocalder's Avatar
    i agree with xploder, darken the platforms.
    also when you fall down it takes a second for the "camera" to catch up - try to make it faster so you can stay visible on the screen.
    a little bit of imagination goes a long way...
    www.asobiproductions.com

tnx, i will darken the platforms.. the development is going could so far, with excellent voice acting. I hope to finish it as soon as possible.

nice game play!
    lookin' forward for the final version!

greets,
    dernalin

Very nice improvement I realy like the graphic's!
    You should make the background scroll faster, when you fall down it takes too long to see the hero again.

SaphuA