A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Artist / Animator wanted for network app

Artist / Animator wanted for network app

Hi guys,

I'm posting to see if there are any talented animators and artists out there who'd be interested in working with me on a somewhat advanced flash project.

To summarise, I'm looking to develop a distributed application targeting co-located clusters of machines. Basically the app is run as a screensaver, and interacts with the machines around it.

For example, if you have 4 PCs set up, you do a one-off install to plot the physical distances and direction of the other machines. When the program is run, you could have animated characters eg. throw a ball from PC to PC, run around, have a soccer game across all 4 monitors with the distances/directions taken into account.

I'm a snr flash/c# programmer working in Sydney, and looking to do this in my "spare" time as freeware; as it's a pretty interesting development. It'd be nice if you have a little bit of actionscripting knowledge, but not essential.

If you're interested or would like more information, tell me a bit about yourself at my email address:

andrew.denhertog <~a.t~> gmail.com

and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
    Andrew

that looks cool, but unfortunatley, most of the people doesnt have one computer next to the other
    It is a shame that colors have names

thanks arikb.

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough, but anyone interested wouldn't need more than one computer, as it is more concerned with the design and animation of objects. I'd be programming it so these objects interact with each other in real-time over a network.

i know that the animator doesnt need more than one computer, but if he just has one hes not even going to be able to watch the final application
    It is a shame that colors have names

Originally posted by redact207
    thanks arikb.

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough, but anyone interested wouldn't need more than one computer, as it is more concerned with the design and animation of objects. I'd be programming it so these objects interact with each other in real-time over a network.
    this reminds me of those barbie dolls, furbies, etc that talk to each other... i guess thats sort of like what ur trying to achieve?

is it going to be preset animations?? or are u doing it dynamically??
    like for example a 'character' shoots a basketball and its not a preset animation as to where the ball ends up...

* Hi xup, you're right - it's all done dynamically.
    * Technically, each client has the same library, so if computer (a) was to throw a basketball MovieClip
    * to computer (b), it would essentially be:
    * a->throw(b.address, basketball, speed);
    * the server would receive the message, send a message to b) that a) is throwing it the ball at time x,
    * with speed y, and would display the ball entering the left, right, front, back of the screen
    * (depending on the position of a) at time: (distance / speed) + time.
    * at the same time, a would obviously have the basketball clip go off the screen at the correct time.
    * this would give the illusion that the ball has travelled the distance between computer a), and
    * appeared on the screen of computer b).
    * hope this isn't confusing.