A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Add fonts to the software

Add fonts to the software

Hi,

how can I add fonts to the software (i'm using Hebrew language...)
    thanks

dekel my friend , i afriad there's no way to do that , i was trying to add hebrew to .. no such possibility...
    ok....what ?

var x:Number = 1; x /= 0;
    it is true, there is no way to add fonts...but you could draw out the characters, then copy and paste them into sentences. it may take a while, but if you really need it, it can be worth the time

However, there is hope... Some Windows installations have a font named Arial Unicode MS (so named because it provides unicode characters within) that contains Hebrew characters. To extract those characters from the font, use the Windows Character Map utility ( under Start Menu, Programs which is All Programs on Windows XP, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map - howevber, note that some Windows versions have Character Map outside of System Tools but these are probably too old to have the font from the start). Other than that, you can't do too much.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

Here Is How You Add Fonts To Flash!!!

READ CAREFULLY!!!
    IMPORTANT-If you get a message anywhere that says "these files and folders are hidden, go to "show these files and folders."

1.If you have flash open, save whatever you are working on and close out flash all together.

2.Go to "My Computer"

3.Go to "Local Disk (C:)"

4.Go to the folder that says "WINDOWS"

5.Scroll down to the folder that says "Fonts"

6.Drag the font that you have downloaded from its original place into the area where all of the fonts are.

7.Open Flash back up and go to the font selection drop down area, scroll down and find the font that you just added.