A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash for mac

flash for mac

A friend and I are building a website together. I use Flash 5 on Windows XP system.

He has a Mac system. Is there a Flash 5 version for Mac? If so, where might I find one.

Would we be able to create .fla files that both could edit? or should I just get him set up on a windows system for the purpose of building the site.

Thanks,
    Deanna

There is a version of Flash 5 for Mac. I haven't had much trouble going from a mac flash file to a PC flash file, but sometimes there can be issues going from PC to mac. I have a small program call "flash thyper" or something like that. I found it on the flashkit site. It converts PC files for Mac and works really well.

Hope that helps

The .fla file is cross-platform compatible, all Flash Typer does is set a couple of bits of information the Mac OS that help the computer decide what to do with a file.
    Useful to make it double-clickable to open in Flash, but Flash will open it anyway from the Open dialogue if you choose "All Files".

Getting Flash 5 might be more difficult, you'll probably need to look on eBay.
    Sam

I believe you can back save, with Flash so you could have a new version but save files as Flash 5 versions.

Yes, Flash MX saves to Flash 5 I think, but Flash MX 2004 does not.
    Sam

Thank you so much for your replies. Will check e-bay.

Deanna