dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Progress Bar (not preloader)

Progress Bar (not preloader)

i want to show the current (play) progress of a swf without "tweening" a bar across the whole timeline of the scene, as i will have around 30 of these loadMovies. a script that could do this dynamically from the main swf would save alot of time.

ive looked around and see alot on preloaders/status bars but nothing to show realtime progress of the swf playing.

is this still a getBytesLoaded/total thing?
    or sound.getBytesLoaded/total?

not really sure where to start!

im a graphic designer with flashMX 04 and an actionscript book so be kind.

FlashGaidin
    Check the component panel + flash helpfile for the progressbar component

DSpawn
    I am a mental rebel. Where others evolve, I design

I gave it a shot...

I've come across a couple threads asking for something like this. While I'm sure there is a better way to do it, I managed to make one work.

The movie I've attached will load a movie into it, track it's length and display it's current frame via a progress bar. You can also backtrack through the movie by dragging the tab on the progress bar.

The fla's contain comments to help sort out my (more then likely, horrendous) codework.

thanks for the quick response(sorry, i posted and promptly left town for two weeks), and for the fla. looks exactly like what i am looking for.

thanks again

Heavyweight Pixel Champion Pixel Puncher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixx
    I've come across a couple threads asking for something like this. While I'm sure there is a better way to do it, I managed to make one work.

The movie I've attached will load a movie into it, track it's length and display it's current frame via a progress bar. You can also backtrack through the movie by dragging the tab on the progress bar.

The fla's contain comments to help sort out my (more then likely, horrendous) codework.
    Where is this file you say you've attached, I don't see it in your post? Do you still have it and can you upload it again?
    If your friends with "P" well then your friends with me. If your down with "P" well then your down with me.

FlashKit a limit on the amount of attachments one can have. For this reason, I sometimes have the need to delete old thread attachments so I may attach new fla files for people. Luckly, I've re-attached the file you're looking for in a different thread. So you can find it HERE.