A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how much do i charge for this project ?, $750.00 ? or more ??????????????????????????

how much do i charge for this project ?, $750.00 ? or more ??????????????????????????

Hopefully my fellow flash kitters can help me figure this out, this is my first offical corperate project.

well doing this project is for a new local wild noodles franchise,
    here are the project details

he wants a homepage, obviously, with a menu...that has photos of 42 items!!!!, he wants pictures of the items to be displayed and get bigger or...click on links so the pic comes out of the selected food item, ( im going to be using all flash for this), ( because flash is all i know) anyways, he would also want a section for photos of the location of the store, a News page, and a contact us page

HOMEPAGE
    PHOTOS
    LOACTIONS OF OTHER FRANCHISES, ( LINK TO CORPERATE SITE)
    NEWS
    CONTACT US

4 PAGES, TOTAL BUT 42 PICTURES, THATS ALLOT OF SWF'S AND ALLOT OF WORK TO MAKE IT LOOK NICE.
    here is the link to the already done example homepage
    www.vpactive.com/WILDNOODLES.html

Hells Kitchen
    I never go under $1000 for a company Flash site. I usually charge around $1500-$2500 for Flash info sites. If they get more compex than just front-end Flash, I will go up to as high as $3000-$4000. Keep in mind that you can charge more for corperate sites just because you can.

But to answer how much for the site you've already started, I'd say $1000+$3 an image.
    _

if you add a preloader, i would say base $1000.
    If you kill me, Ill be dead!
    www.powerfuze.com

"Do you know any slow or special people?" -special ed (crank yankers)

I wouldn't pay anything for a site not designed to fit on a resolution of 1024 x 768.. i mean.. come on 50% of the web is still on 800 by 600.. size it down a little..

so far I think the site looks like 5 to 10 hours have been put in.. i cant see myself charging more than 500 for that.
    what the hell's a motion tween?

for personal or small business 500 double that for a coorporation.
    www.powerfuze.com

Originally posted by specialed_414
    for personal or small business 500 double that for a coorporation.
    yes... i can't see this being a corporate site.. so I'll stick with the 500 quote..
    but hell if you can get away with more.. do it

Originally posted by sharma
    yes... i can't see this being a corporate site.. so I'll stick with the 500 quote..
    but hell if you can get away with more.. do it
    I back this 100%
    www.powerfuze.com

hmm...i guess that sounds good 1,000 dollars.
    plus the fees to hook it up.
    I just didn't want to turn any heads away, thats all
    thanks for the feedback. I think i will quote at 1,000 with ...50 bucks for server space and 10 bucks for a domain name.

so 1,060 ? sound about right ?

yes definatly charge for server space and domain name.. but I still think $1000 will turn a few heads

I think you can never go wrong by following this formula: decide on an hourly rate, estimate how many hours the job will take you, then multiply. Just be sure you scope the project carefully before submitting a quote. If the result is some outrageous number, you need to adjust the scope or find some efficiencies. NEVER change your rate.

How to decide on an hourly rate? Figure how much you want to make in a year before taxes, for simplicity's sake say $100,000. Then figure how many hours you can hope to be billable in a year. Consider 30 hours/week for 46 weeks. That gives you some vacation, sick time & holidays, allowing for 10 hrs/week for administrative tasks and business development. Multiply 30x46=1380. Your hourly rate would be $100,000/1380 or about $72. Adjust for your level of experience and reasonable desired income.

I would never bill a client on a per-page basis, since not all pages are created equal. Each project is tailored to the client needs; so it should be for each price. In other words, price should always reflect cost.

Originally posted by ds_bpositiv

I would never bill a client on a per-page basis, since not all pages are created equal. Each project is tailored to the client needs; so it should be for each price. In other words, price should always reflect cost.
    I agree with this if you have had experience selling websites...not if you are a newbie...
    www.powerfuze.com

i think hourly rates should only be charged when a already complete site needs updating.

i go by $75 for updates
    and for something u got around $1200 + domain and hosting charges.
    then for corporate sites times it by 7 or 11 you know how it is
    i would like to see things from your point of view, but i cant get my head that far up my arse!