A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: --> I wanna learn too - first design

--> I wanna learn too - first design

Hi guys

I wanted to learn designing on my own so i bought fireworks and started doing a little work on it.
    I made something on my own but cant call it a design until u guys can help me out a little to make it better.
    Here is what i made so far and i have given psd file so that u can make a little changes if u can and i can see the modifications u can make to it quickly to make it look like a template

http://n1ke.co.uk/design/1.png

I hope i can ask for help here if not then i can provide u with hosting as well

Thanks
    _Shamend

You've got the basic grasp of layouting. The layout is clear and organized, which is the beginning of a good site.

To help you out a little further, here are some pointers:

The backgrounds of Navigation, Login and News don't match well with the blue. Try making them pastel orange, or a bit darker blue.

The font Times New Roman is, well, ugly. I'm sure you have some nicer fonts on your computer, if not check out www.dafont.com: lots of free very nice fonts. Also, try to make the fonts anti-aliased (not pixely).

Perhaps you should align the right windows to the extreme right of the screen? It'll make it look a bit more coherent.

The red dropshadow on the logo looks a bit out of place. Perhaps make it a black drop shadow, or remove it all together?

I hope I've given you something to work with - be sure to post updates of your progress!

hello

Originally posted by wouter999
    Also, try to make the fonts anti-aliased (not pixely).
    can u explain this

Thanks a lot for your help
    navigation and login are separate actually they can be moved anywhere
    i just kept them there
    iam working again on it
    i will try to make it little better and also can u suggest me a font as well
    thanks again

_Shamend

can u check both now i made little changes

http://n1ke.co.uk/design/1.png
    http://n1ke.co.uk/design/2.png

tnx

hmm pretty simple layout

ive made it little advanced now will upload later on
    busdy with partying today
    happy new year to all

can someone tell me how do i export it into html
    so it can be a proper site and i can use it as a template
    i know html so pls advice me this

thanks

shamend listen.

What you're asking for is not difficult, but it's extremely booooooring. We've all gone through that stage and we know it so well that explaining it would be darn tedious.

And that's why tutorials where created. A single question could be answered repeatedly with the same response.
    I would tell you to search for tutes. type "html tutorials" in google, or search in flashkit. What you're asking is not as easy as exporting. You would need to slice that image in photoshop or fireworks. You would also need to get rid of text in some areas, and antialias it in the others. you would then need to open dreamweaver or another html editor, and adjust the tables and cells ( which i can tell you are a real pain )

the question you're asking is too wide.

you should start searching and learning yourself and when you have a very difficult doubt that you cannot find in any tutorial or site, then come to the forums.

take care. and don't be lazy go search those tutes and show us how you progress.

i tried seasrching for it before asking here

everywhere its about flash and couldnot get help or tutes anywhere

pls help me

nayades u like smileys?!want sum mor?....shamend,just look through tha tutes man!!nd btw,ur font on the site is really wierd,comes up all kinda stuck 2gether and wierd!