Hi all

I want to produce a CD-ROM with Flash with a lot of digital video in it (.mov, .avi, .mpeg, etc; each with a duration of about 10 minutes). Furthermore, I don't care about file size but I really care about video quality and I can't make use of the Flash Communication Server. I guess it is best to link these videos as external files to the flash movie instead of embedding them into the movie itself. I think there are 2 possibilities to do this:
1) link external .mov files (in this case, the Flash movie can only be puslished as a .mov file)2) link external .flv files (in this case, I have no restriction in publishing the Flash movie)
Because I don't want to restrict the publishing of the Flash Movie, I choose option 2).

So, I convert all my .mov, .avi,... videos to .flv videos using QuickTime Pro and the Flash Video Exporter. But doing so, I get really bad quality flv. videos, no matter how high I specify the download rate (kbps) when converting the movies.So I have 3 questions:
1) Does anybody know, how to produce high quality flv. files out of .mov, .avi, etc. files? Is this even possible or is flv. video always low size AND LOW QUALITY?
2) Is there a better way to import long, high quality digital video into a Flash movie?
3) Or is Flash just not suited for dealing with long, high quality digital videos and it is recommended to use Director instead?

Thank you very much for helping!!!

PS: The following Action Script can be uesd to link flv. videos:

var netConn:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
netConn.connect(null);
var netStream:NetStream = new NetStream(netConn);
netStream.onStatus = function(infoObject) {
status.text += "Status (NetStream)" + newline;
status.text += "Level: "+infoObject.level + newline;
status.text += "Code: "+infoObject.code + newline;
};
mein_video.attachVideo(netStream);
netStream.setBufferTime(5);