A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scrolling...Without clicking...Saw it, but cant do it

Hey all, could some one please help me with a minor problem.

I have been trying to make a "Click Free" scrolling text area.

I have in the past created a MC and controlled the playhead with buttons, one clisk at a time. What i am looking for is more like the scripts that people are using now-adays to dynamically change the X or Y position of a sprite based on curser position.

I have been trying this but with no success. Is there a tutorial on this someplace?

I have tried to create a MC instance, and by looping the play head, change the value of the _xposition, but I think I am too hung up in Director type lingo. I cannot seem to get any results. Either my logic is completely Whack, or it is as simple as syntax in the If/Then and Property assignments. But, Knowing the effectiveness of the Flash manual as a Reference tool, I think you could understand my delima.

Thanks
    Vin-E

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Look in the widgets section of the movie area. You will find a few fla's that have that type code in them. Mono crafts style menu is one. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.