A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Hillman Curtis book

I was in Chapters tonight and I saw the new FLASH WEB DESIGN book by Hillman Curtis. I'm just wondering how it compares to other books like, Flash 4 Magic and Flash 4 Bible. If anyone's got an opinion or a good review I'd love to hear it.

I like the book, it was really helpful for me. To see the love/hate of Hillman Curtis check out the Amazon.com reviews.

Well....

Does the book get into much action script or is it another 0ne that just tells you the basics and then some intermediate stuff like tell target and drag and drop. I am thinking about buying it but i would like to know a little more about the skill level it teaches. Thanks.

Best Regards

|-Nano-|

Having purchased the book a few days ago, I found it interesting, however since I have been using flash now for about two years I only learned one or two things from it.

The book basically delves into the design and construction of a movie and the inspiration behind the technique. Hillman Curtis is straightforward when he says that it's a book about design. So to answer your question, no it's not full of technical stuff.

I would probably go to the Hillman Curtis website and download the files for the book. You can probably learn as much from those files as you can from the book.

The book though is nicely done but like I said it's more on the design field and how to transfer the message to the masses.

Cheers
    Mike

Senior Moderator
    Cool book fills you in on some of the less talked about subjects like vector video and stuff!!

handy to have!!