A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: KARATE SITE check

KARATE SITE check

The website for American Amateur Karate Federation Great Lakes Region.

aakfgreatlakes.com

Re: KARATE SITE check

I thought it is a very simple HTML website.
    Maybe a size variation for the photography (I want to see the larger pic) would give your site more taste.

Simple can be good, I like the look. My only suggestion is to use a litle softer text. Verdana maybe.
    H A P P Y C L O W N
    T R E E

type decision

The text was an initial concern but I wanted minimal post-modern site. Clean Swiss grid with a serif typface accomplished that I feel. Plus, Georgia felt a lot better than Times. A little more personality and authenticity to it.

Thanks for the comments.

ehh, where is the flash ?

I've seen postings on Site Check that were strictly HTML in the past so I thought nothing of it. This is a large community and felt confident in getting legitimate comments. I figured if there was a problem with folks posting non-flash sites then a moderator would step in.

If I wanted to check out html pages, I goto a html community, there are millions. But...thats just me.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Simple can be good and less is more , but that really does not apply to a basic plain html site any kid can create. I didnt feel there is a real design going on and for the rest its really plain and too simple for me.

"I didnt feel there is a real design going on and for the rest its really plain and too simple for me."

The minimalism is the design. The site sits on a solid grid and usability is topnotch.
    Good work.

Originally posted by sense

The minimalism is the design. The site sits on a solid grid and usability is topnotch.
    Well personally i think there is minimalism and minimalism and this does not fall under the categorie minimalism. Ifso anybody that makes his first html site can fall under the categorie minimalism or anybody that only makes a simple menu and shows only a few pics and text is doing the minimalism thingie

So you really think a site like this is top notch minimalism designed site ....? very strange...

Nope, usability is topnotch. And compared to most sites in sitecheck the whole site is topnotch. It's harder to create 'less' than to create 'more'.

I really think you have set the bar to low and compare a site like this with those sites that have hundreds of animated gifs going on with a black background and big text. In comparison to those sites is a good site, but then again you would be setting the bar way to low...or im setting it too high

Thank you sense. That was my aim. This was actually my 21st site dreamothul so I don't feel I'm some kid slapping up my first website. Furthermore, the site was requested, designed, and produced in the space of 20 hours per a very reduced rate for the not-for-profit client of whom I'm affiliated. I'd say 2/3 of that time was dedicated to concepting a clean, credible site. I actually threw away 7 other concept sketches before coming to an agreement on this one. These days so many web folks just jump on a computer and go. There is a thing I take pride in and that is called "concept". It is there to satisfy me when I'm done and to back my decisions up when someone disagrees. This is a subjective process so with that said, I humbly appreciate your comments dreamothul.

i like it

I think it's nice. So what if it's not flashy and a bit plain.

I think the minimalism fits well with a martial arts site.

Someone said if they wanted to check out html pages, they would got to an html community.

It says right in the section description, "Get feedback from peers on your Flash/HTML/XHTML website"

Just because someone doesn't have a big flashy site, or use alot of Flash, is no reason not to post.

Nice job, imo.

the site has a nice aspect... but it's pure HTML... have to agree with JediMind:where's the flash ?

anyway... maybe the client wanted it like this...

Yes, the client did specify no flash.

the client wanted no falsh...

then i have no comment...

GOOD JOB