Hi folks,

I'm using my webcam to record 1 or 2 minute videos with the purpose of posting them on my website for viewing. I am encoding the videos and creating FLV files but at this point I have to tell you I'm not extremely happy with the quality - I have tried over a hundred different setting combinations of bitrate, fps, keyframes, quality(up to 100%) but I still feel like my settings are not as optimal as I can get them. Currently, I am using Flash MX for video encoding/exporting but damned if I know what the most optimal settings are. I realize that I can't expect fantastic quality with a webcam video and I realize background and lighting plays an important role but again I am convinced it can be better. So if anyone on here has had an opportunity to test, test and tweak these settings for the most optimal performance please take a moment to respond and tell me what those settings are.

Ideally, I would like to create 3 different versions of my flv videos, one for low bandwidth viewers, one for medium bandwidth viewers and one for high-bandwidth. However, I can seem to find the best possible settings for a frame size of 320 X 240. I have been to a few websites who offer their recommendations but it seems as if the one's I have come up with are better. Anyway, if anyone has had a chance to play with these settings, can you please respond and tell me what I should set these various parameters to. The videos I am encoding are typically talking heads with low motion. These are the parameters I need for optimal performance and the low, medium and high bandwidth options:

With Frame Size = 320 X 240
Bandwidth? Low, Medium, High in kbps
FPS?
KeyFrames?
Audio? Although 8 seems to work quite well.
Quality? (1-100%)

I can't seem to set quality higher than 85% because the video seems to slow down and get jerky and video and audio seem to be out of synch. I need settings that allow for the best possible video and audio synchronization and with the best possible quality.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Richard