A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Synchronization

Synchronization

Blanius,

Thans for your help! Working now...who knows. Anyway, I've noticed with the tribute site I created that the MP3 file that's embedded does not play consitantly from machine to machine. It works great on my home system which is PIV 3GHz. Other systems it stops a few frames to late. Is that a machine speed issue and is there a way to synchronize? I've noticed in other flash software a type of sychronization method but never explored those since I like 3DFA better. Please let me know and thanks for your response on my PM.

MoonRise
    Tribute Site Created with 3DFA

The only way I know to load your mp3 in dynamically and track it's position.

Here's an example
    http://bretlanius.com/flash/movie_174.html

http://bretlanius.com/flash/soundtime.html

It takes some prep time but it can be done. Biggest hold up is that you cannot test in the preview as the duration and position are wrong in preview.

in the soundtime example I just listened to the mp3 in my audio program and noted what the seconds count was. then in code I wait for the equivelent time to do the action.

sound.position is given in miliseconds.

Thanks!

Blanius,

Thanks! For the information. I'll see if I can apply these concepts to my site.

MoonRise
    Tribut Site Created with 3DFA