A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Registration Key

Hello, I just made my purchase for the Kool Moves Key(registration) and the KEY does NOT work. I went through animationonline to make my purchase at 29.95, followed all of the instructions and submitted my information, along with my credit card information and clicked submit and was brought to a page that had the key on it. It did not say ccp or nothing. Just said here is the reg. key. So, I copied it by hand and went back to register my koolmoves and the key does not work. I have contacted 1) animationonline.com 2) 1pay.plugnpay.com and 3) KoolMoves by e-mail and it has been almost 3 hours and still no response. I recieved the confirmation letter and the KEY is not there either. What is going on? They have my money I have NO Key.

try E-mailing Richard W

Richard can not be e-mailed. So, I e-mailed the site administrator (that's where trying to e-mail Richard took me). Whatever, I want either my key or my money back. I started FROM the Koolmoves site by the way to do all of this and eventually ended up at the "Your Key" page. It had Links pointing BACK to Koolmoves or animation online. Koolmoves are NOW pointing fingers and my credit card has been charged $29.95.......thats good/fair Business practice 'eh? Believe me, this is NOT over, not in the least.

uh....ok....thats kind of weird my confirmation email had the key on it. Give it time, responses take more then 3 hours.

Things to do-
    1.check you typed it in correctly, maybe download and reinstall the latest release of the program, maybe you have an older version of KoolMoves, and the key doesn't have backwards compatibility

2.wait and play with the program, it is shareware, so you can still use it, till you get a response.

Hope I helped, I have been completely happy with support from KoolMoves so I know you will be, just give it time,
    even the president isn't elected overnight

Brad

^My confirmation e-mail had no information of the kind^

I realize that Rome was not built in a day, I also see that after how many day's we have no President elect? Point is, is that I have been billed for a "key" I have not recieved and Koolmoves is passing the buck now. Saying I need to contact animation online?
    Koolmoves has recommended/placed animation online as a site where (I assume the credibility has been checked or should be for business if nothing else by Koolmoves) a "customer(me)" may "purchase(they have my money)" the key to open up "completely(not an evaluation copy)" "their" (koolmoves) software. I'm sorry, but I won't "pay" for someone else's mistake or problem. Which is Koolmoves. Koolmoves has been "paid" today! So much for Rome. Koolmoves needs to contact animation online. And I want my KEY or a prompt refund just like Koolmoves recieve's their money........today,now.
    I don't want to be a jerk here in this forum or anywhere else, but this is ridiculous. I "in good faith" trusted these people. Sorry if I have offended any one here.

Actually "KoolMoves" doesn't receive the money immediately, it has to be transfered, cleared, etc. etc.(just commenting)
    I am not offended just think you are kind of impatient, but in a way I understand, I would be too. But you can't expect an immediate response......

And you will probally have to contact animation online, they are the ones you gave the money too and that sent you the key not KoolMoves, animation online seems to be the problem,

-you are correct the key isn't included on the confirmation email....did you print out your sale invoice with all the information on it(order number etc..)

-another thing in regards to you typing it in correctly, check to see if any O are actually 0, I find that I get the two confused.

Brad

Originally posted by BradBradleySL

Actually "KoolMoves" doesn't receive the money immediately, it has to be transfered, cleared, etc. etc.(just commenting)
    I am not offended just think you are kind of impatient, but in a way I understand, I would be too. But you can't expect an immediate response......

-you are correct the key isn't included on the confirmation email....did you print out your sale invoice with all the information on it(order number etc..)

-another thing in regards to you typing it in correctly, check to see if any O are actually 0, I find that I get the two confused.

Brad

I Disagree in that, I should receive prompt response, I'm a customer. And, Koolmoves will get their money, I understand how that all works. I'm setting here with an evaluation copy still after 6 hours. My confirmation e-mail had no ID:# . Also, the information given to me from the site( animation online) I typed in correctly.

I've never had a problem with the registration key and I am sorry that you are. Just yesterday, I had to re-load KM on my computer because of some technical problem unrelated to KM, and the registration key went through fine. Instead of typing in the registration numbers though, I just cut and pasted them directly from my confirmation e-mail. Perhaps this might work for you? I love KM and feel bad that you don't have access to this great program. KOOL MOVES IS AWESOME!!!!

I did the same thing. The Key is case sensitive. To E-mail Richard just click on his name at the top of the forum. Or click on e-mail Richard W in any of his posts.

The key should be near the bottom of the email. It should be a long email as well.

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting your key. But from my experience with KoolMoves, right from the very beginning (I am a newbie to this program as well as flash animation) they were extremely courteous and quick to respond to my technical problems. It would appear as if the problem is with the place where you placed the order. (some kinda 'snafu') I'm sure KoolMoves will do everything to get this straigtened out. Just hang in there. This is a GREAT program. The people participating in the forum do their very best to help out.

Smile

I was sent the key today. I still have yet to receive the long e-mail though. Now I will relax.

I'm very glad you got your key. KoolMoves is a great program and the KM guys are great, too. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Originally posted by evolbeagle
    I'm very glad you got your key. KoolMoves is a great program and the KM guys are great, too. Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    Thanks for the "Welcome". I suppose I should end this thread and start some new one's with "all" of the questions I have about this program.

1st question "Are there any good tutorials on KoolMoves by any of the regs here?" I have experimented with it a little and what it has been able to do for me is pretty nice.

DJoy

Dear Djoy- Thanks for hanging in there till we sorted this thing out. We apologize for any inconvenience. Hope you will enjoy KoolMoves. It was wonderful to see how much support was here on the forum for you and for KoolMoves.

Originally posted by Richard W
    Dear Djoy- Thanks for hanging in there till we sorted this thing out. We apologize for any inconvenience. Hope you will enjoy KoolMoves. It was wonderful to see how much support was here on the forum for you and for KoolMoves.

Richard- Thank You, I'm sure I will enjoy the software. I'm very "new" to KoolMoves however, so I'm experimenting very slowly and "lol" experiencing frustration also! I have been actively looking for more tutorial sites & more demonstrations however. I wish there were more, like with another fine program, Swish.

I'll be in and out and asking many questions, if I can not find them already answered here. Thanks Again....

DJoy

Me and Brad have written several. Search this Forum. Also try the Kool Kit site. You should also try the Kool Moves site itself. There are several tutorials there.

Super Moderator
    I just returned from vacation. I understand that there were some problems with key codes not being added to the confirmation emails when the purchase was made from Animation Online. I assume that problem has been fixed by now.

Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
    I just returned from vacation. I understand that there were some problems with key codes not being added to the confirmation emails when the purchase was made from Animation Online. I assume that problem has been fixed by now.
    My situation was addressed and fixed (obviously). I can not tell you as to whether animation online has corrected the problem on their end however. With incomplete key's and no key in the confirmation e-mail, it could be a problem.

I hope so for those interested in purchasing this product.

DJoy

Super Moderator
    It was actually two problems. The key code displayed after purchase in IE browser was truncated by 1 character. The security software was updated for Animation Online's servers without notifying Animation Online and this caused problems in sending confirmation emails with key codes. Both problems have been fixed. It took a while for both these problems to be identified and thus there was some initial confusion.