A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do employers want to see this on your resume

Do employers want to see this on your resume

I don't have a long timline of actually working in the computer/hardware/software/web development (like at an actuall business)

But have many years of experiance with computers

So would i put this on my resume as a Personal Hobby or
    Personal Interest

Dec 1998-Dec 2004
    • Creating Web Sites
    • Strong Graphic Design
    • Customer Service
    • Computer Tech Savoy
    • Knowable in many subjects
    • Excellent Multitasking
    • Programming
    • Building Computers
    • Servers and Network Storage
    • Technical Support

Do interviewers want to see this, like i was saying before, I only have about 2 years of actually doing admin.web .hardware

just your average computer nerd that knows a wide range of computer skills

or do i describe it in a short paragraph outlining all my skills that i have
    Last edited by PCRIDE; 01-09-2005 at 03:57 PM.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

i wouldnt use the word building when refering to seting computers up, i think assembling(sp?) would be a better chouce.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

dream.in.code
    I don't list all my technical skills under job experience unless I actually used it during a particular job, instead of have a dedicated section that appears at the top under the objective called "Technical Skills" and it is simply a list of keywords.

Attached is a copy of my resume if you would like to use it as a template, it has a 100% track record.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ya i changed quite a bit of it, thanks

Very vague.

"Creating Web Sites" - But did you do any good ones? Were they all horrible? Did they utlize complex coding and other such things or did you do them all in FrontPage and MS Paint?

"Strong Graphic Design" - That really doesn't mean anything. But Strong Graphic Design Skills is getting somewhere, but is still a toss up. Why do you have strong skills? Where did you learn them?

"Knowable in Many Subjects" - I think you meant knowledgable. But what subjects? Ones that pertain to computers, or things like surfboards, the best comics in the Sunday paper, or how to make good lasagna?

"Building Computers" - Even with changing building to assembling, what kind of computers did you build? Small desktop PC's or something more extensive?

Maybe that will help. A resume means nothing if it's less than 100% correct in every way possible. But that's why you asked for help!

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

sorry, but that doesn't go on your resume. that might be good content for an online portfolio site, but it's not normal for a standard resume. that's really more interview fodder, and beleive me that time period will be probed by the interviewer.

when writing your resume, it's just the standard facts...nothing editorial or comprehesive.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

yes i changed it up and took that part out, I combined all the experiance i had and tied it with my computer company. Took out

Stong , Build,

etc

with a cover letter my resume is 4 pages is that way too long, shuold i just have 2 and a cover

thanks

When we made ours, it was a cover letter and they said a max of 2 pages, but one is best.

one page of good facts can lead to a good interview, not to much to poke around at.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

dream.in.code
    You should have a 1 page version that is concise and to the point for 3 or 4 different job types... I have a web development, tech support, marketing, and web hosting resume, each just focuses on different technology skills and awards.

I also intermingle my job experience based on the type of job... so I don't always include my job at RadioShack if it's not something that's going to require Management experience.

Also, 2 pages is the MAX, 1 page is suggested, you can do 1 page and have a second page with awards and references, but the meat of the resume should be on the first page.