A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Look and size of a movie.

Look and size of a movie.

Hi

Could anyone tell me how to fix the size of a movie through the html so that it looks the same on any computer regardless of screen resolution? If I go straight to the flash movie address my jpegs look terrible and my preloader doesn't work. Preferably I would like users to be able to resize the window and always see the full movie without the look of the pictures degrading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bitmaps always degrade when not presented at their original size. That means , either make several versions of your site or use a fixed size.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

fixed size

Thanks for replying.

Ok, is there any way of sorting my movie out so that different screen resolutions won't effect the size of my site?

The resolution I'm working with is 1024 wide by 768 tall. The person I'm doing the site for is gonna view it in 800 by 600. I think most people use 1024, 768 or more so I don't want to make it to small but I want my client to see what I see when he views it. Any ideas?

When designing for a specific monitor pixel dimension you also have to take into account that the browser itself will take about 150 pixels away for the height, leaving about 620 pixels for the swf ( on a 1024x768 monitor ). Unless the site is a popup of course.

A little over 30 % are stoll om 800x600.

If the client should be able to fit the site into his screen it has to be something like 770x450.

Dont have any ideas how to solve this without having different versions of the site.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com