A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [GAME] Jet Duel

Chief Blobbo Member

[COMPLETE] Jet Duel

JET DUEL

I've just finished this game and could do with some feedback!

Any inquiries about it, e-mail me at robert.blobbostuff@gmail.com

CHEERS!

BLOBBOSTUFF
    Last edited by blobbo37; 01-16-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Im back baby!
    game visual look is V.good,

very hard though. its too hard to take off. holding down up for about 1 minute then pressing left made the plane look up, but went up VERY slowly. Then once in mid-air, i had to concentrate more on staying in the air rather than kiling him. - try making it easier to fly, like gravity is less or something.
    howdy pardner!

one BAD mutha FK'er astrocalder's Avatar
    it feels more like an old propeller plane than a jet, the way the controls and motion are. too hard to control, and no speed. maybe if there was scrolling once you took off, that gave the illusion of movement, so you feel like you're going jet speed.
    or maybe it was the audio, sounded like a propeller plane.

i like it though. don't get me wrong.
    a little bit of imagination goes a long way...
    www.asobiproductions.com

Chief Blobbo Member
    hmmmm.

Yes, the sound effect isnt very appropriate.

As for the difficulty in flying, that is the main idea for the game. I just wanted it to be a bit realistic. Thanks for your comments.

i think the difficulty is okay, if you feel as if the plane isn't stationary. if you add a simple scrolling ground, or clouds, so even though the plane doesn't move much, you feel like it's flying. then it'd be a lot better i think.
    www.asobiproductions.com

Chief Blobbo Member
    I like the sound of this but could you please elaborate?

By having a scrolling ground, do you just mean allowing the ground to move slightly as it flies in each direction, but still allow the player to fly off the side of the screen?

Chief Blobbo Member
    oh, btw, ive changed the sound

i'd say have a continuous scrolling motion, once you've taken off. like from right to left. the jet can go in both directions, so it's up to you if you want to scroll in both directions, but i think your goal should be to make the illusion of high-speed movement, so you'll have to play around with it.

i think it's okay he leaves one side of the screen to return on the other, otherwise it'd be too hard to constantly switch directions. i don't know if it'll look funny with scrolling though.
    www.asobiproductions.com

Chief Blobbo Member
    I fear that it would look funny. hmmmm.

I need to ponder this one.

It seems like your flying a helicopter that weights a 1000 tonns! In a jet you don't have to point straight up to fly up. A normal plane would go in the direction it is pointing, so when I am pointing 30 degrees from the horizontal axis I want to go in that direction. It also moves way too slow. Increase the speed of the plane and the rockets, maybe making the playing field bigger. And I would change the controls. Left/right should be speed while up and down should be the height. I would also like to take half a loop and fly the other direction. The game is just way to slow now, if I get hit then it feels like I have to sink through jam before I hit the ground, and then the plane just sits there for a while. Increase the speed of everything and then it will be a lot more fun t play.

Ihoss

The graphics look good. But as others have said, the feel of the plane is way too weird. I would suggest getting rid of gravity altogether.
    Taking off takes too long. Also, the sound for the missle launcing is a bit awkward. See if you can find something a bit more realsitic.
    On the highspeed thing, i can't think of a way to fix it unless you made the planes smaller. Scrolling would make it look weird if you were to appear on the other side of the screen when you left one side.

Other than that, its pretty fun.

Edit: Some bugs: After dying, if you hold the spacebar, you are able to launch a missile from where you died when you appear.
    When taking off. you can dip down and go into the ground and off screen. The enemy commits suicide randomly.
    Last edited by dbarbarian; 01-16-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Chief Blobbo Member
    thanks for all your comments. I appreciate them.

cheers

Chief Blobbo Member
    okely!

Gravity has gone, the planes are now smaller and you now fly in the precise direction you are pointing. Its also quicker and easier to takeoff.

More comments if you please!

cheers

where is the updated one?

Chief Blobbo Member
    Its the same location.

JET DUEL