dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Complete} Shoot for the Sky

[Complete} Shoot for the Sky

Well, I finally found time to finish it, but it is way too late for the alienware competition. =(

Instead of having the distances on the clouds, I now display them on the crosshair when you rollover a cloud.

There is still one thing that I can't decide.
    Should the power meter start over when it is full, or stay full like it is now.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dounanthe...ucklaunch.html

Thanks again.

DBarbarian

Im back baby!
    keep the power meter as it is. its cool

just one thing! -

CHANGE the FONT!

Its to hard to read. I didnt know whether i scored 1000 or 7000. to hard. Make the font easier thats all that need improving.

V.original idea! - i like it!
    howdy pardner!

Very cool. I like how it came out, too bad you didnt finish it time for the comp.

A couple quick, picky things to fix:
    Since you aren't doing the alienwere comp, maybe find something else to shoot besides a duck. Also, fix the font. It is hard to read. And finally one tiny bug: if you move the curser to the bottom of the screen, the crosshairs dont move, but the little dot in the middle does.

Good game, and do you happen to know who won the alienwere comp?

jagopth: I had doubts on the font myself. I guess ill change it to the font thats in the instructions or something.

dogtown: the curser thing is not a bug. The corsshairs shows where you are aiming. It is not possible to shoot into the ground, that is why it stops when it is level with the cannon. The red dot shows where your mouse is, so if you wanted to press the buttons on the bottom, you could still see where your mouse is.
    I think ill keep the duck, since i spent quite a bit of time drawing it (i suck at drawing) and it fits the cartoon feel of the game.
    They havent finished judging the contest. I'm excited to see who won and if I even had a chance or not.

Instead of changing all the fonts, i decided to only change the parts where reading a score, or reading a username was required. I dont think its too hard to tell if a button says "replay" or "menu" using the current text, but i could be wrong. What do you think.

Updated the swf file.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/dounanth...ducklaunch.html

Hi,
    Please change the font on the instructions page. I'll play more later and get back to you when I get the hang of it.
    Thanks,
    Ken

Thanks for swapping out that other font.
    Once I got the hang of it the game was fun to play, but I still suck at it . Nice work DBarbarian.