A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button scripting problems

hey,

I have a simple core page that I want to link to another page. Therefore, I've built a button, with sound, even fade-in text on rollover, so that when clicked down, it links to the next scene. However, I can't get the Action "On" to highlight. I can't even select it. It remains grey, not black. I'm positive it's a button, it works when I view it as a movie.

what gives? Flash 5 problems? Mac user?

make sure that you are putting actions on the instance of the button and not the frame and not the symbol of the button. So drag it onto the stage from the lib and add you actions to this instance that you have created.

gav

Originally posted by stanley25
    make sure that you are putting actions on the instance of the button and not the frame and not the symbol of the button. So drag it onto the stage from the lib and add you actions to this instance that you have created.

gav
    right. that works. however, I can't seem to find the last line of action script:

On (Release)
    Go to and Play (Scene 2, 1)
    End On

Where do I find "End On"?

thanks for your help...

don't worry, flash 4 puts it there automatically when you get the 'on' bit, I don't think f5 uses it any more, but don't worry.

gav

don't worry, flash 4 puts it there automatically when you get the 'on' bit, I don't think f5 uses it any more, but don't worry.

gav
    cool. however now when I export the movie, the first and second scene just flash over one another. do I have to tell the second scene to chill out until it's told to play upon the release of the button from my first scene? if so, how does one script this?

thanks for your patience and help...

Finn

try putting a stop action in the first frame

try putting a stop action in the first frame

ahhh...

i love flash.

thanks so much.