A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Memory" type game?

Unhappy "Memory" type game?

Hello everybody!

I designing a new site and I wanted to incorperate a memory type game as a preloader or such. I'm new to flash action scripting so it's not going over to well. In fact I'm at the piont of hanging up the design job, going to live on the street and drink increatable amounts of booze. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to help me out. Maybe send me some source code so I can wrap my head around it or just give me some hints. thanks in advance everbody! this forum rock by the way i just found it the other day!

peace from canada

nigel

Hi nigel, what kind of memory game youre trying to do. The one with clicking tiles if two match remove them ?
    mad-sci

yep

yep! I have created some 3d cubes movies, they flip around showing the graphic on the back. I'm trying to make it so if they match they disappear or what ever. and if they don't match they flip back to they origanal state. Does anyone have any source code or helpful tips.

ps by the way I'm haveing trouble getting in the forum, it takes about a half hour to load and sometimes the forum won't even load. I've tried using explorer and netscape and it's still the same. Is it because i'm on a mac? anyway if someone could hellp me out with the memory game that would be great!

yep

yep! I have created some 3d cubes movies, they flip around showing the graphic on the back. I'm trying to make it so if they match they disappear or what ever. and if they don't match they flip back to they origanal state. Does anyone have any source code or helpful tips.

ps by the way I'm having trouble getting in the forum, it takes about a half hour to load and sometimes the forum won't even load at all. I've tried using explorer and netscape and it's still the same. Is it because i'm on a mac? anyway if someone could help me out with the memory game that would be great!

Im having the same problem with the board but keep in mind that those are thousands of people hanging arround.
    Now about the memorry game. you can assigh a varibles iside your movie clips like MC1_clicked=1. so 2 MC fo same type will have the same variables. Now you can create an empty Mc and pass the above variables to that move. if the sum is 2. send a variable back to the parrent movies to remove the clips or zero all the variables. See what I mean.
    Mad_sci

thanks

I kinda got what you mean, I'll fool around with that! thanks! Any other help is always welcome!

ps by the way the board is working better, must not be as many peole on it!

thanks!

I think there is a memory game-source in the movies section here on Flashkit, that you can take apart.

cjs

thanks everybody for your help! Flashkit forum rocks!

I'll send a link and finished game to flashkit when I'm done

Angry

check this out for inspiration:
    http://www.sourcedesign.co.uk/game.html

cheers!