A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: blowing up things

blowing things up

I know how to make a element move, but how do i make an explosion explode when the element comes in contact with something?
    Last edited by daredevil911; 01-21-2005 at 09:27 PM.

One way is to hide your element and place an explosion animation at the same x and y and show it.

Another way is to make a seperate object that looks indentical to the first but is actually broken up, so that when it collides you can have pieces flying around. This is difficult though, I did it a while back trying make some glass shatter and it took forever just to get everything to look right. An alternative would be a combination of both, use the explosion and then have some of your original showing and flying off. Say you wanted to blow up a car, you could hide the car and show an explosion, and at the same time have a wheel or two flying out as well..................

-J

Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Another way is to make a seperate object that looks indentical to the first but is actually broken up, so that when it collides you can have pieces flying around. This is difficult though, I did it a while back trying make some glass shatter and it took forever just to get everything to look right. An alternative would be a combination of both, use the explosion and then have some of your original showing and flying off. Say you wanted to blow up a car, you could hide the car and show an explosion, and at the same time have a wheel or two flying out as well..................

-J
    Hey thanks ^^

Originally posted by daredevil911
    Hey thanks ^^
    I was wondering if you couldb give me the code for it- use "car", "Building 1", and "explosion"

I'm not one for much coding, I basically use what's built in to the program. In this case I'd use either a seperate movie, or else have it on a seperate scene, and then call up that movie or scene when the collision occurs..........

-J

Or put them on a slideshow element and just change the slide when you need to.

Originally posted by blanius
    Or put them on a slideshow element and just change the slide when you need to.
    im sry but i must be dumb or something; i still dont get it. car runs into house, house blows up and dissapears.