A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash/php - contact form

flash/php - contact form

i need help on the coding of a contact form in flash.

i've already created the form itself, but i haven't done any of the scripting, and none of the php coding.

now, i know absolutely NOTHING about php and i've never created a contact form before, so it would be great if somebody could show me how this works.

the contact form i created has 3 fields:

1) Your Name:
    2) Your Email:
    3) Message:

what actions do i use for each field to make them work? and how do i do the php for each? what do i create php with? upon its creation, do i simply upload it to my server (yes, it runs apache)?

thanks for any help you guys can give!
    >Connected to middleeast.com
    >
    >dir /bin/laden
    >
    >ERROR: Unable to locate /bin/laden

If you can avert your eyes from the shoddy AS coding, then have a look through the attached files. The main things to note are...

- User input in the textfields defines the variables "name", "message", etc...
    - A submit button is required to trigger the sending of these variables to the PHP script
    - The flash movie is designed to loop until it recieves word from the PHP script that the variables have been written to a text file (messages.dat)
    - Alter the address of the PHP file within the loadVariables command on frame 1 and on the submit button in frame 5 to reflect your own server setup and remember to set the appropriate read/write permissions for messages.dat on your server.

Once you understand what`s going on here, you should be able to tailor the movie and PHP scripts (which, as you can see are very simple) to your own needs.

Hope this helps
    Cheers

Duncan
    Attached Files Attached Files

check my tutorial at
    Flash MX tutorials

PHH email is at the intermediate section

Sorry, the link should be

http://www.elearnage.com/elearn