A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [beta] my game =P

[beta] my game =P

ok.. posted this already in earlier stages added allot heh .

intrested in any weird bugs.. as well as performance on relative machines, as its doing allot trying to get it as fast as possible heh =P

heres the link http://www.distinctmedia.net/new_game3.html

controls = w-jump // a-left // d-right // shift - change weapons // mouse 1 fire // mouse - aim

WOW! That was awsome! Fix the controls a bit, add some jumping animations and lots of levels and this is the best flash shooter

my x booty it is that BIG
    looks great happy to see that u fix the controls there is one bug i saw. when the bullet hits the ground it bleeds as if it was hittin the hero...
    Project||[GAME]-on hold for now
    ------------------
    [Hero]-80%
    [Enemies]-1%
    [Weapons]-90%
    [Items]-0%
    [Levels]-10%

Cool game, but the aiming is a bit messed up, and you can shoot yourself. But good work.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TekWize-KGIstudios Game Studio
    Dude, that has so much potential! Okay, here are some suggestions:

1) The jumping and movement overall is kinda sluggish, you gotta fix that. More movement animations as well as jumping animations would be nice.

2) The outfit the dude is wearing....ditch it, that's horrible. Go for something that looks more like highly trained, rogue marine kinda thing. Which leads to my next suggestion:

3) If it's possible, try to go from the whole space/sci-fi thing and just make the enemies humans. Other marines or maybe terrorists with ski-masks and stuff. The weapons could go from lazers and stuff to Ak-47s, RPGs, M-16s and the like, there are ZERO modern combat games to play that are made in Flash.

4) To match the modern warfare theme, the levels might have to change a bit. Try underground hide out or something like that.

Basically, you have something good here. It could turn into something great, though! Keep up the good work!
    Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!

smile for the camera! jesserules's Avatar
    a dark place where people have trouble in flash
    Great game! i cant wait 4 the final version!!!

well thanks for the comments.. fixed the bug where you could shoot yourself in the leg lol...

As for character animations etc well we will see im not really a flash animator so if im gonna do em all gonna be in 3dstudio lol.. went with the space theme cause those models only took be bout 10 mins to make characters allot more work =P

Good job, don't forget to add a possibility to map keys for foreigners (like me) who don't have "qwerty" keyboards
    Keep it up.
    Bubble Islands - Your arcade puzzle game !
    Dot-invasion Team
    Tales from the code front: stimunation developers blog
    Puzzle Bobble - The arcade port!
    2iceMP framework - Flash Multiuser Server: multiplayer tetris, chess, othello, connect4 ...
    Frozen Bubble - shoot da bubbles!
    The Pi Game - game for geeks

One thing is that if I keep pressing the 'w' key he justs constantly jumps like he is on a trampoline. I think the lack of animation is causing that. If you ask nicely I'm sure someone areound here will help you

very nice!i cant wait for the finished project...
    Flying is very simple, it's just a matter of throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

my x booty it is that BIG
    heeeeeeeey just cuse am a newb doesnt mean the bug i found dont count jajaja...
    the bleeding ground and that i stayed alive even though my health reached 0
    Project||[GAME]-on hold for now
    ------------------
    [Hero]-80%
    [Enemies]-1%
    [Weapons]-90%
    [Items]-0%
    [Levels]-10%

Re: [beta] my game =P

Originally posted by drfrankius
    intrested in any weird bugs.. as well as performance on relative machines, as its doing allot trying to get it as fast as possible heh =P
    Impressive mate, it's really comming along well. I noticed a massive speed increase over the last version you posted, so you're doing great in that regard.

Once thing: Setting the default quality to LOW will speed things up even more since you're not using vector sprites.

My only suggestion for the gameplay is that you make the number keys change weapons. Other then that, it's looking good.

I should also thank you for motivating me to work once again on my own game of similar nature

Wow, I see you uploaded a new version with weapons. I really like it. It is fast (even on my slow mac). Keep working on it.

Very nice, but with some improvements can be a great cool game!
    Kept you nice work!

Nice game, very nice. It runs smooth like a Carmel cigarette.

I would want secred rooms and stuff like in the Mario Bros or Metroid Original. You really should change the movement to the arrow keys. I hate beeing lefthanded since everything is made for righthaded people.
    Ok, one more thing..You should hire someone to do the graphic, with nice graphic for this game, I really belive you have a moneymaker.
    Keep up the good work.

Nah, I'd keep the left hand movement. Its just better that way.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well the bleeding on the ground is actually not a bug .. cause the player does not bleed heh.. it is just the red shot that can be fired by enemies exploding... each shot has a diff explosion. could change for blood or whatever havent decided yet.

working on some graphics for the player atm.. riggin it up in 3dstudio

prolly will put in a feature to map keys... or alternate arrow keys anyhow so people can use those.

Good job, keep up the good work!
    Just one AI glitch I found for the rolling fire throwing enemies that if you move from them horizontally, they move just within hurting distance. Eg. instead of doing a few percent a second only the odd flame hits the charcter, may just wanna change how close it goes.

Good luck!

yeah each ai has a setting for range... so prolly just set a bit low... uhm guess i didnt even read that msg when i posed it made no sense lol
    Last edited by drfrankius; 01-26-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Very nice! Only glitch I found is that if you walk off a cliff and then press up, the player will make a jump while falling.