A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Good tutorials

Hybrid View

Good tutorials

Could anyone give me a good page for 3dfa tutorials??

I have been searching but I cant fina anyone that has good tutorials.

PLEASE!
    Fixzy

Re: Good tutorials

Originally posted by Fixzy
    Could anyone give me a good page for 3dfa tutorials??

I have been searching but I cant fina anyone that has good tutorials.

PLEASE!
    Fixzy
    Go up 4 links in the forum... Blanius has posted some nice tutorials...

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=606407

-don

What kind of tutorial are you looking for? I'm thinking about what tutorial to do next.

Tutorials

Well....tutorials on how to script (I use 3.3 and I cant find anything about scripting anywhere).

That could be a good start.
    /Fixzy

why 3.3? The last stable release of 3 was 3.72 and so much changed in release 4.

There won't be any tutorials from me for v3 sorry. I may do a basic scripting tutorial as soon as I can think of what to demonstrate.

Upgrade

If I could I would upgrade. But If I want a later version I have to buy it al over again cuz I cant find an upgrade.

/Fixzy

I'm not sure but I thought you could upgrade from v3 free just dl v4 and apply for new reg code. Check with Ed at help@3dfa.com

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Yep. Should just be able to download new version and away you go. Your PC machine number and registration code should be unchanged.

For safety sake, you could go into the 'Purchase' menu on your old version and write down the PC machine number, E-mail address and registration code. These should still be relevant after installing the new version.

HOWEVER, complex animations created in version 3 are unlikely to work in version 4. I would leave version 3 on your PC until you're happy. I still have 3.72 and 4.5 on mine.

One other thing to do with licensing that I noticed the other day:

The purchasing details seem to be user dependent. I logged onto my PC as a network user, and my 3DFA was unlicensed. I logged on as a local user, and it was fine. This is something to be wary of. If this can be verified on someone else's PC, this may be something that needs a bug fix in future. (Windows 2000).

M.

[post has been edited by Kusco]
    Last edited by kusco; 01-25-2005 at 05:12 AM.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Hello Fixzy,

I'm not quite sure what you mean about not being able to find an upgrade as the current version of 3DFA (4.5) is readily available for download on the 3DFA web site (www.3dfa.com).

If your version of 3DFA came free with a magazine then yes, you will need to buy 3DFA should you wish to upgrade. Also, don't forget, if you are required to buy the current release of 3DFA then you're also entitled to any future updates. Lastly, (sorry), if you're a student, work in an educational organisation or charity and provide some evidence of this then you qualify for the educational price. Check the 3DFA web site for further details.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)