A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie requesting PreLoader Help

Newbie requesting PreLoader Help

Hey everyone. Almost finished with my first Flash Project. It's been an absolute, hair pulling, head-banging experience that has driven me to brink of insanity.

I wanted to share it all with you here especially for those who have been kind enough to help me along the way....especially oldnewbie!

My FLA file can be downloaded here.

http://www.emocreative.com/fla.html

BUT....I'm having trouble with getting preloader working. I've tried 3 different tutorials on the net, all of which *i believe* I followed to perfection but no luck.

Is there a simple way of doing this? I attached my FLA. I created an empty layer at the very top of my main timeline. All I am trying to do is create a simple loader with a percentage. It's empty because everything I've tried has failed. Can someone show me the way so I can finish up my first project and celebrate?

Thanks for your time,
    _Michael_

Try searching for preloaders at flash kit or go to the book store there are many great books that will teach you to make preloaders and much more. You might also look at using a component preloader or searching the macromedia site for a good tutorial.

check this out dude

thanks. will that work with flash mx 2004 even though it was built for flash 5?

one of the preloader tutorials i've tried already was for flash 5 and it didnt work. of course i believe most of that has to do with the fact that i'm a young'n with flash, but i do know there are some syntax differences between the old vs. new?

hopefully i'll get this thing down. i think it would really finish off my flash project nicely.

thanks again,
    _michael_

hmm, not sure either

I am new too but everything that we needed to know is everywhere on the net, although sometimes i give up looking for such particular tutorial to finish my work. haha! anyway, heres another link that might hopefully work.

http://www.metamorphozis.com/tutoria...tutorial.shtml

Banned
    Unexpected file format! Can't open your .fla.
    You'd have a better chance of getting an answer if your .fla was in a MX only format, and zipped up.

You would have to save a copy of your MX2004 .fla, (using Save as...) and changing the Document type to MX only in the Save as... window.

Especially search in the actionscript section for a percent preloader. I started a topic on that and got a great example.

thanks for the time

oops. i did a 'save as' and saved for Flash MX (instead of MX 2004).

i zipped and reuploaded. should open now i would think?

zipped using windows xp pro zip utility.

link here: http://www.emocreative.com/fla.html

thanks,
    _michael_

Banned
    So there's no preloader code attempt in this .fla for now, right?

Banned