A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Play movie clip on correct level/layer ?

Play movie clip on correct level/layer ?

Can anyone please help?

I am attempting to make a sound sequencer, which also plays animations. At present I am stuck with an animation, of Russian origin, that I have downloaded and modified. I don?t really understand the code.

The problem is quite basic and is that when I play the whole flash movie back the animation plays on top of my interface, no matter which layer I place in on. The interface has been imported as a GIF with a transparent area in the centre.

I'm guessing that there is something in the code which is controlling the level where the animation plays but cannot solve the problem myself.

You should understand what i'm going on about if you look at the example flash file i've posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

_levesl does not exist in swf files. They exist only in the Flash player, and are slots for swf files.

Your problem is that the code duplicates some movieclips and assigns them to various depths. Depths are the stacking order of objects (movieclips ) in Flash.

So make a movieclip of the interface and assign it to a higher depth thatn the other clips.

//On the interface movieclip
    onClipEvent(load){
    this.swapDepths(5000);
    }

( I only saw some blinking smal symbols, did not see any rotation or so, as is indicated in the animation movieclip.)

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Ok, thanks for your help i'll give it a go.